ntrprnr

Anyone know how long Skydive Dubai (Palm) will be on a D restriction

Hey guys...

I have the chance to go to Dubai for a week in Feb to give a speech, and was hoping to finally jump the famous Palm dropzone - Just noticed, however, that it's a D license restriction due to some kind of construction project... Any idea as to when it might go back to a B license only so I could actually get a jump or two in?

I don't mind going to the desert drop zone, but to be in Dubai and not get video of that amazing Palm... Well, that seems unfair. :)

Thanks, guys...

-Peter

Oh for sure! It is REAL desert - not like that scrub they have in AZ! They have to chase the camels off the landing area.

It's a great experience with super-talented skydivers and very welcoming.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

A competitor from the world meet told me that they shut down the Palm right after the competition was over, even though they had hundreds of people there who would have liked to have kept jumping there. So, maybe they don't even allow it that often?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hi! I just left skydive Dubai two days ago. The idea is that this week the palm will be moved to a C license, but those with a C license will have to do a planned landing within so many feet of the target they pick. It was still up in the air how they would work it, though. Skydive Dubai Desert campus (SD2) also called Margum (by the local taxis and people) was great. They are building a 24 foot diameter wind tunnel out there, and we jumped from pilatus porters, twin otters, and two Bell helicopters. Facebook search Skydive Dubai Desert Campus and send them a message would be your best bet.

Just to correct the figures.... They are actually building a 16.5 ft wind tunnel out at SD2 (desert DZ) which is still the world's largest, but by only 0.5ft and a planned opening in March.

The NEXT wind tunnel that they plan on building will be located at the palm DZ, which from what I've heard will be 22ft in diameter.

Also, despite the fact that even their previous boogie requirement being a minimum of 500 jumps AND D license there were still about 5 or 6 people that landed in the ocean during their winter fest boogie. So yea, they are slightly hesitant to drop it to anything below a C-license.

Indyz....spot on $30 USD or 110 Dirham from the palm depending upon the route they choose to take.
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Also, despite the fact that even their previous boogie requirement being a minimum of 500 jumps AND D license there were still about 5 or 6 people that landed in the ocean during their winter fest boogie. So yea, they are slightly hesitant to drop it to anything below a C-license.

I don't get that. 500+ jumps, a landing are that is 220x150 meters at least, an ocean that should make you pay attention to a bit of accuracy and 5-6 people land out?
If it does not cost anything you are the product.