cbuffalino

Bermuda?

It is understandable to want to jump wherever you go for vacation, but try to restrain the enthusiasm, and redirect it to, as mentioned, going overboard! I did my first open water dive in Bermuda, gliding through coral arches and such, very beautiful. There's so much to enjoy there, too bad it will be a bit cold compared to the Summer.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

It is understandable to want to jump wherever you go for vacation, but try to restrain the enthusiasm, and redirect it to, as mentioned, going overboard! I did my first open water dive in Bermuda, gliding through coral arches and such, very beautiful. There's so much to enjoy there, too bad it will be a bit cold compared to the Summer.

He is from New York so it just will not be that cold at all..... Even in the dead of winter.. the water is just not that cold. Even in the coldest winters it is still in the low 70's or at least it was when I was there.:)

Weather forecasts are low-mid 70's which would be great for a 3-4 day vacation right about now, coming from NY. SCUBA or snorkeling is definitely on my list, however I would love to get some much needed air time and it seems like such a waste to go somewhere and not be able to fly.... oh well. Clearly Bermuda needs someone to go there and open a small DZ! Any takers?
Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.

Weather forecasts are low-mid 70's which would be great for a 3-4 day vacation right about now, coming from NY. SCUBA or snorkeling is definitely on my list, however I would love to get some much needed air time and it seems like such a waste to go somewhere and not be able to fly.... oh well. Clearly Bermuda needs someone to go there and open a small DZ! Any takers?

Well there is an airport... there are planes..... Bandit jumps in a foreign country???:ph34r:

An email from Bermuda's Director of Civil Aviation:

Dear Mr. Buffalino,

That is not such an odd question. Unfortunately there are no skydiving facilities in Bermuda, nor is there any general aviation, other than corporate aircraft, for you to have a fly around the Island. Being so remote out in the Atlantic, there is not a lot of demand for GA and AvGas is not available.

I certainly hope you enjoy your holiday while on our beautiful Island despite this. There are plenty of other activities to keep you busy.

Warm wishes & Happy Holidays!
Thomas Dunstan
Director
Bermuda Department of Civil Aviation
Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.