AussieGuy

Tandem skydiving in Europe (Wintertime)

Hi. Im planning on backpacking Europe next year from UK to Russia (January to roughly May) and wanting to go skydiving for the first time. Im wondering I you guys can recommend some good places to skydive for the first time (tandam)? I was thinking about Interlaken, Switzerland. I want somewhere that will be memorable! It will be winter going into spring at that time of year, so I thought it would the snowy swiss apls would make a great backdrop.

Any recommendations on other places to skydive?

Will be going to Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Czech Rep, Hungry, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Ukraine, Romania and Russia.

See the "Dropzone" section of this site, there's a listing of most skydiving centres. There are not many dropzones around that does not offer tandem jumps these days. On the other hand there are plenty of dropzones that don't jump during the colder part of the year. Contact them long before you plan to jump too.

I would think that the first would tandem would be quite memorable anyway, but Switzerland would probably be awesome. Some dropzone at a coast can be quite nice too.

we are opening from 12 march, on the weekends, in Switzerland. You can check our calendar on www.flying-devil.com .
I jump in the DZ called Bex, very scenic, nice mountain flights. Also I can offer accomodation (in case you are not allergic to cats and dogs).
Other very nice DZ in the french speaking part is Gruyères www.epco.aero
most DZ's in Switz will be memorable, but Interlaken would be in the most touristic place.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

also if you want to winterjump, www.pcv.ch Paraclub Valais jump in Sion, flying across the ski resorts, very nice in the winter. Our Dutch friends were pretty stoked :D, plus you can combine with skiing and thermal bathing:)

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM