nonstop

where to jump?

Hey. I will be going to orlando on the 25th of october and be there until til 4th of november, I'm looking for a place where I can do the most jump as possible.. Im aiming to do around 50-60 jumps if possible so that I get a total of 200 jumps before I go to work :)

I have checked out deland, sebstien and skydive space center..

My favorite is skydive space center because the offer free bunkhouse :) but dont know how much the jump during the weeks. I've been told that deland is really big place but I cant see that they have a bunkhouse or something similar.. so do guys here have some advise? which one should I pick? are any of thesse more crw friendly? I'm really into crw at the moment !

blue skies!

Someone mentioned in another thread that it's more difficult to get a plane to go up in Titusville on weekdays. I think your best bet would be Zhills, Deland and Sebastian for quantity of jumps. If you'll have a car, you should go to all of them.

Deland has a very small bunkhouse at the dz (it's like a large storage room). There are also skydivers who own bunkhouses a few miles away from the dz. Call manifest and they can give you info and phone numbers to call. Not many people do Crw in Deland though.

Edit: if you have a tent, camping is allowed at all those dz's for free.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

That's definitely going to be a problem, FL isn't really a bus and shuttle state. Some of the dz's have people who will drive people to and from the airport for a price. Are you flying into Orlando?
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hi Guys,
I have the same "problem". I'm going to FL in January and do not own a car (in US) :)One of my friends recommended DeLand, but I'm not sure what to do.
I would like to make a lot of RW jumps and need a bunkhouse. So it's almost the same issue ;)

---
BLUES - Jacob
D-601, Denmark

OK...I called the dz for you guys, here's what they told me:

The bunkhouse sleeps 6 people and is $2 a night. Bring your own sleeping bag and pillow. You can call ahead for reservations if you want, but it's usually not that crowded. It's very small, but there is a laundry area with refrigerator/microwave and bathroom right next to it. Just make sure you have low standards when you stay there. :ph34r:

They have a long list of people who rent rooms in homes, so email the dropzone at [email protected] and they'll send you the list.

There is no set person who makes runs to the airport, but let the dz know that you are looking for someone for pick-up/return trip and they're ask around for you.

I do believe that Deland is closer to area shopping than other dz's, so it would probably be pretty easy to get someone to take you to the store for a sleeping bag or food. Just buy them a beer for their efforts. If you want to walk, it's probably a 15-20 min. walk to the grocery store and K-Mart.

There's plenty of RW jumping in Deland. :)

I do not know about down there... but we have FREE bicyles listed on Craigslist all the time up here. A couple of them at the DZ for the people who come to vist...cheap transportation

just sayin

Thats actually a pretty awesome idea!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Sounds cool! I guess it's DeLand then... :)Thanks for your help!

OK...I called the dz for you guys, here's what they told me:

The bunkhouse sleeps 6 people and is $2 a night. Bring your own sleeping bag and pillow. You can call ahead for reservations if you want, but it's usually not that crowded. It's very small, but there is a laundry area with refrigerator/microwave and bathroom right next to it. Just make sure you have low standards when you stay there. :ph34r:

They have a long list of people who rent rooms in homes, so email the dropzone at [email protected] and they'll send you the list.

There is no set person who makes runs to the airport, but let the dz know that you are looking for someone for pick-up/return trip and they're ask around for you.

I do believe that Deland is closer to area shopping than other dz's, so it would probably be pretty easy to get someone to take you to the store for a sleeping bag or food. Just buy them a beer for their efforts. If you want to walk, it's probably a 15-20 min. walk to the grocery store and K-Mart.

There's plenty of RW jumping in Deland. :)

---
BLUES - Jacob
D-601, Denmark

I do not know about down there... but we have FREE bicyles listed on Craigslist all the time up here. A couple of them at the DZ for the people who come to vist...cheap transportation

just sayin

Thats actually a pretty awesome idea!

DUH

That is why they pay me the big bucks:)

ok thx for all the replies. but Im going to arizona instead ! the flight was quite cheap and they have everything there! :)

You are gonna LOVE Eloy:)
And this is a great time of year to be going!!!

Blue Sky's

STFU Amazon.

The weather's awful, the planes are slow, and the tunnel is too small. We don't need any more freaking foreigners here! :P;)

PS: Nonstop: Bring something to wear for the Halloween party on the 30th. They usually are epic. :ph34r:
Remster

DeLand is a great place and yes there is a lot of RW loads. I did my first jump through my A license there about a month/month and a half ago. They have a restaurant on site as well with pretty good food which is always a plus(in my opinion) for a dz. I never saw anyone doing any CRW there though. During the week they are pretty busy and you should have no problems logging some jumps. They are open 7 days a week and during the week I think I was getting about 6-7 jumps a day in. I could have got more but im a slow packer or was waiting for someone else to pack for me and missed a few loads throughout the day. Not sure if they are still doing it right now but they had like 100 guys from the Qatar air force there doing aff right as I was leaving.