ove

Northern New Zeland, good dropzone?

Hello.

Will go traveling down there late october this year. Want be bringing my own gear, but it would be nicew to get some jumps down there anyway. Need a nice dropzone, with ok rental gear, preferably jumping every day, in the Northern island of New zeland.

Any suggestions?

Do, or do not. There is no try.

You have two good choices.
Taupo, but its insainley buisy an you may only get on one or two loads. (tandem factory)

Matamata, (just above taupo)
small DZ but Mark Horning owns it and he is awesome very nice to deal with and they actually do a bit of sport jumping

Maybe Rotorua as well but i have never jumped there.

Good luck.

Also ballistic blondes in whangerei was a cool place to jump, they do beach jumps commonly and have a dz in pihia aswell. but I'm not sure about their rental gear. In taupo TTS have rental gear but you will need an nzpia licence, but I think you can get a temp one as long as you have like 200/250 jumps I think. Best to check nzpia website.

If you bring your own gear you'll need an AAD. Matamata is a good place on weekends but not too much going on during the week at this time of year. Mark is a good guy and will do all he can to help. Google skydivewaikato. There are 3 different licencing organisations so it's a bit of a clusterfuck re politics. I'd check with the individual DZs first to find out what their indivdual requirements.
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.