xephyrin

Looking for a place to jump in WV/OH area, Please help!

Hello all, I am looking for a drop zone in the mid-ohio valley area -- None of us have experience, gear, or training, so we need a real company, not just a plane. Does anyone know of a company that flies out of the mid-ohio regional airport?? Your help would be so appreciated!! Thanks!!

Closest dropzones to your location are:

West Virginia Skydivers in Lesage, WV
Tri-State Skydivers in South Point OH
Skydive Columbus in Carrol Ohio (near Lancaster/Columbus)

All 3 of those locations are 65-75 miles from your city. All three of these locations fly a Cessna 182 that will hold 4 skydivers total and a pilot and typically will go to 9000-10000 feet at the max. All offer Tandem skydives and some offer other training methods also if you want to do Static line or Advanced Freefall methods but you need to look at each DZ to see what they offer.

Outside of that distance it really opens up and you end up having a lot more options. In the 120-150 mile option you can pick between about another dozen Dropzones. All are located closer to Cleveland or Cinci/Dayton and have anywhere from a Cessna 182 that holds 4 jumpers to Cessna Caravans that hold 14-17 jumpers and go to 13000 feet. The larger planes are nice if you are jumping with a group and you all want to jump at the same time instead of having to wait on the ground while only one person at a time jumps.

My recommendations based off my experiences at the dropzones in that 120-150 mile range would be Aerohio if you go towards the Cleveland area or StartSkydiving.com if you go towards the Cinci area.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

WVSkydivers (www.skydivewv.com) is in Lesage, WV about 5 miles east of Huntington, WV and can provide Tandem, IAD or Tandem Progression as training methods. Hours are Fri 1pm to sunset, Sat and Sunday 8AM to Sunset or during the week as needed by appointment. As you are just getting into the sport I would suggest making an appointment anywhere you go. Tri-State Skydivers currently has issues with their aircraft and has to bring in aircraft from other DZ’s in the region. Have a good 1ST jump and welcome to the greatest sport on earth.