trevA

San Francisco in June

Hello all,
I'll be in San Francisco in early June and have a few days (midweek) to spend at a DZ. I'll be travelling alone and probably won't hire a car so I'll need a DZ near(ish) somewhere with hotels/bars. I see there's a few DZ around the North California area and I think my short list is Hollister, Lodi,Skydance or MontereyBay. I have only recently recieved my A licence but I'd like to do a good number of jumps during my stay if I can. Would anyone care to suggest which would be a good DZ for me?
Thanks

Without a car you'll have a tough time getting out to any of the DZs in the area. Monterey Bay is more focused on tandems - you'll have better luck as a fun jumper at the other three DZs you listed. You might also look at Bay Area Skydiving in Byron (which is actually the closest to the city, though the others aren't considerably farther).

As for "near to bars / hotels," again, you'll need a car to get to any of those from the DZs in Northern California. None of them has any within walking distance, nor is there public transit.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Maybe I should just read up on the US highway code and hire a car.

1) We drive on the other side of the road

2) We use (roughly) the same language so reading the signs shouldn't be a problem.

What more do you need to know? :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

As for "near to bars / hotels," again, you'll need a car to get to any of those from the DZs in Northern California. None of them has any within walking distance, nor is there public transit.

Your kidding right? In June after jumping the drop zone turns into a bar and a hotel if you want it to..... :S;):P
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Thanks bodypilot1. This sounds pretty good to me. Do Hollister, Lodi and Skydance all endup as bars/hotels after jumping? If there are commonly other people staying on these DZ overnight then I may go for that. Camping could be a problem as I'd need to bring a tent from the UK. I suppose I could always buy one in SF and donate it the DZ when I leave.

There are couches in the 2nd hanger in Lodi that you can sleep on, just bring a blanket or something. OTOH, tents can be cheap as well. I am almost positive there will be no problem camping at skydance, and hollister would be worth calling but I heard there are spots to sleep there as well.