ar5000

Helicopter Jumps near Houston Feb 21

This event has officially been moved to Skydive Houston. To those that don't know, there is a great DZ just up the road about 20 miles. Todd, the DZO, has graciously agreed to host what is rapidly turning into a small boogie. More interest existed for this that I could have imagined. We'll need the packing area, manifest, non-class B airspace, additional aircraft, and other amenities that a DZ can offer in order for this to not be one big fustercluck.

Stay tuned for more details involving the events after jumping. Its my Birthday damn it, and I'm not leaving with out a party ;) I'll post more once I've confirmed what's going to take place.

To everyone attending:
The weather forecast calls for a beautiful weekend with the exception of Saturday. While I hate to forecast rain on my parade, I'm going to hold out for a better forecast until late tomorrow. If it looks promising, I'm going to head out there Saturday morning. If not, I'll probably head out Saturday evening which brings me to another point.

In addition to my birthday party on Saturday night, SDH will be hosting a benefit dinner for Jim Culhane. To those that don't know, Jim is an instructor at SDH, and experienced a rough landing a few weeks ago. He'll likely be out of commission for several more. Even in if you don't plan on jumping due to the weather, please come out and support Jim.

Should Saturday's weather prevent us from jumping, I plan on having the chopper come out on Sunday. I'm still waiting for a final call back from the pilot to confirm, but I don't anticipate this to be a problem. I look forward to seeing all of you there... whatever day that is.

Alex