blueskiesbill

Mile-hi skydiving Dec 25 to jan 1st

Does anyone know of anything going on at or around mile hi skydiving during these dates, i am heading out there to hit up breck, aspen and copper and was hoping to get some jumps in as well, i have always wanted to check out mile hi but if there is something going on in the vicinity i will go there
thanks for any info

also if anyone can help me with this too---- i am heading to bridge day this yr and have not pre purchased any jumps -- will i have any problems getting atleast one or two jumps in

blue skies

the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear

Does anyone know of anything going on at or around mile hi skydiving during these dates, i am heading out there to hit up breck, aspen and copper and was hoping to get some jumps in as well, i have always wanted to check out mile hi but if there is something going on in the vicinity i will go there
thanks for any info

I'm guessing you're not from Colorado. Dec - Jan it can get pretty cold. If you're not grounded because of a snow storm, be sure to dress warm.

IMO, I'd just stick to the ski slopes during that time of the year, or hit the wind tunnel.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

a buddy of mine who lived out there told me that the weather is relatively calm in the flats cosidering you are on the leeward side of the rockies --- so therefore no real storms--- i guess i was misinformed but def thanx for the info --- it will def be a boarding trip but i was hoping to maybe mix it up a lil bit

plus my best friend from HS i guess moved out there and he and i had talked about getting into the sport together but unfortunately i went one way and he went the other, anyways he ended moving to the rad and got in to the sport before i and i did not find out about him being in the sport until i watched a memorial video --- broke my heart and i would love to go jump with some of his co-workers and hear/share some stories

blue skies!!!!

thanks for any info

I jumped at Mile Hi for the first 10 years after it opened and I can't remember them ever being open for the holidays. A lot of the experienced jumpers head down to Eloy for the holiday boogie.

You might head to the wind tunnel in Parker.

aaahhhh eloy --- if i wasnt such a powder junkie (snow powder that is) i would head down there but i do have two addicitons --- the white stuff and the blue stuff --- i have been fulfilling my blue fix all spring, summer and soon to be fall but the winter is all champagne white

blue skies!!!

a buddy of mine who lived out there told me that the weather is relatively calm in the flats cosidering you are on the leeward side of the rockies --- so therefore no real storms--- i guess i was misinformed but def thanx for the info --- it will def be a boarding trip but i was hoping to maybe mix it up a lil bit

It's sunny and there isn't much snow until the spring storms. There are plenty of 40-50+ degree days in the winter although January is coldest.

January and December are windiest and have the most chinooks which are high winds with warm temperatures (it can go from 30 to 60 degrees when a chinook starts and the air gets compressed blowing through the mountains).

Note the "Number of Days with winds greater or equal to 70 MPH" and "Boulder Wind Events Above 90 MPH charts"

http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/Boulder/wind.html
http://www.bcna.org/winds.html

aaahhhh eloy --- if i wasnt such a powder junkie (snow powder that is) i would head down there but i do have two addicitons --- the white stuff and the blue stuff --- i have been fulfilling my blue fix all spring, summer and soon to be fall but the winter is all champagne white

blue skies!!!

December can be hit or miss as a snow month; things are usually best just before spring break time when there are a lot of storms but it's cold enough the snow isn't wet.

You might try some of the less popular and less touristy places like Loveland Pass ski area (had a pass for a few seasons), A-basin (pass for a few seasons years), Silvercreek (never got there), Ski Cooper (never got there, although they do snow cat skiing), Wolf Creek (legendary snow, never made it).

The poor snow won't get smushed as severely by hoardes of skiiers and boarders.

Berthoud Pass was awesome before it closed. You can still hike it. Loveland Pass is real easy to shuttle with a car.