TFFTM

Alabama Gang Invades Raeford Part Deux! July 25th - Aug 1st

Thanks to Gene Paul Thacker (Alabama Gang #69) for allowing us back!

Come JOIN the Alabama Gang in Raeford!

Don't miss the thrills of the "Combat RW" experience. Done the way only The Alabama Gang can.

Calling out to all existing members and potential new members. See y'all there....

BSBD
Home of the Alabama Gang

What we have planned? Uh... That is not The Alabama Gang way I'm afraid.

Our DZ is driving up the Thursday before and will leave the following Friday. During that time we plan to jump, visit the museum and maybe hit the tunnel. At some point we will drink...

Things that I know will happen at some point during the week.
Outdoor viewing of FANDANGO!
Alabama Gang initiations.
A BFR lead by Buddy Blue and fun-elled by me-:P

I would like to organize an accuracy competion while we are there since there is a nice tuffet.

More will be planned as time approaches and any ideas will be welcomed.
We love Raeford, the folks and the facilities and can't wait to return. Even if nothing was planned we would have a good time. Hope to see you there.

BSBD
Home of the Alabama Gang

The dates are close and the numbers are coming in. So far 25 Alabama Gang Member jumpers have confirmed. (as well as a few non-members)

During the trip we will be attempting to break our Alabama Gang World Record at Raeford. :o

The world record participants must be card carrying members to qualify. We have set the bar high in Tuskegee and hope to break it in Raeford.
The current Alabama Gang World record is ..... a 3 way! B|

We will be holding membership inductions througout the weekend of the 26th starting Friday night (25th) and attempt the world record the same weekend.

Just find Daniel E. or Buddy Blue for more details.

BSBD
Home of the Alabama Gang

I'm a yankee, but my Mom is from Atmore. Can I play? :)

I believe having one of these is a pre-requisite, but there's no reason to believe you can't become a member. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Of course you can play with us... Of course you will have to join the gang, learn the gang signs and what not.

I am sad (and happy) to report that the World Record was broken this past weekend in Tuskegee.

The Alabama Gang World Record now stands at a 4-way.

See ya in Raeford we should start arriving Thursday.... Daniel

BSBD
Home of the Alabama Gang

Of course you can play with us... Of course you will have to join the gang, learn the gang signs and what not.

I am sad (and happy) to report that the World Record was broken this past weekend in Tuskegee.

The Alabama Gang World Record now stands at a 4-way.

Is this for card carrying members only? We did a 13 way SCR at the WFFC in 1997, and yes, everybody plus Chris Needels were associated with the Alabama Gang, but of course there were no cards back then. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Card carrying members.

It is WAY to hard to go that FAR back and try to document the jumps... so we started over.

If we can get some good organizing maybe we can get at least a 13 way (as long as I'm in the base :|)

Chris Needles will be one of the participants along with about 26 other jumpers from our DZ and of course any locals that want to participate are more than welcome. (in fact we are counting on them)

The whole mini-BOOGIE will be documented by David Virden including the inductions scheduled for Friday night. He will make copies available.

Billy you got lucky and skipped the induction process :P Its no big deal just that the "Newbies" have to sing the song to all of the current members like they mean it and whenever asked.

As far as the World Record is concerned...
The rule is all participants must be card carrying at take off to qualify.

BSBD
Home of the Alabama Gang