SkydiveQL

The St. Louis Skydiving Center's Season Opener Boogie - April 4-6, 2008

The season is here and we plan on kicking it off in style! The boogie will start at noon on Friday, April 4th and will run through Sunday evening. All jumps will be from the Sweet Beech 99, the fastest jump plane in the midwest! We will have free RW and freefly organizing for all levels, as well as novelty jumps (hoops, tubes, inflatables, spaceballs and more) with Joe Jackson. The DZ will be providing free food, drinks, entertainment and bonfires in the evening (with no registration fee). Camping is available and a great time is guaranteed. For more details and updates, be sure to check out http://www.skydivestlouis.com.

See you there!

Any chance that the Goon Squad will be there? I did some bigways with them last year and had an absoluate blast! I'll be there Saturday morning and staying through the weekend.

Yep, the GOON's will be here all day Saturday and possibly Sunday. We're looking forward to seeing you.

Ok, I've gotta ask.

What is the Goon Squad?

LOL, I was wondering when someone might ask. The GOON's are a group of well-know, well-seasoned (some of them remember jumping with Wilbur and Orville Wright flying their jump planes) jumpers from around the St. Louis area. They are famous for putting together medium to big skydives that are usually succesful and always fun. They are always happy to recruit new jumpers (though I can't go into detail about that recruitment process here) and you can bet that you'll have a blast jumping with them.

To find out more, join us for our Season-Opener Boogie!

Yeah, the goons are a pretty cool group of people. I hope the weather cooperates a bit better this year. Last year, I got to watch the Otter fly all day while I sat grounded due to the winds. Nonetheless, I still had a blast and am looking forwards to this year's boogie!

Great timing for a boogie!!! I'll be driving through St. Louis that weekend and I was trying to decide whether to go to Archway Skydiving to jump their Caravan or go to St. Louis Skydiving and jump their Beech 99. Now it's a no-brainer. Are there any decent (but not too pricy) hotels nearby?

Are there any decent (but not too pricy) hotels nearby?

Yes. If you are looking for a reasonably-priced chain hotel, there is a Super 8 about 5 minutes from the DZ. If you are looking for a more-affordable (but very clean) local hotel, you can't go wrong with the Heartwood Motel, which is about 2 minutes from the DZ.

If you are planning on staying at the Heartwood, I would suggest you make a reservation soon, as they only have about 25 rooms and most of them are already booked up for the boogie.

See you soon!

Great timing for a boogie!!! I'll be driving through St. Louis that weekend and I was trying to decide whether to go to Archway Skydiving to jump their Caravan or go to St. Louis Skydiving and jump their Beech 99. Now it's a no-brainer. Are there any decent (but not too pricy) hotels nearby?

Just an FYI, but Archway hasn't had the Caravan since last year and won't have it this year. AFAIK, they're flying a couple of 182's this year.