Julien007

Skydive Cabo San Lucas?

Hi everyone!

I want to know if any of you have been to Skydive El Sol in Cabo San Lucas.
I am planning a vacation to Cabo and am interested in hearing about peoples experience at this DZ. I searched the forums and there is not alot of info.
I have some questions as well. For instance, how long does it take to get to the airport after a beach landing? What altitude will they take you to? How Often are they open? The website does not really give the hours of operation....
And lastly, How amazing is it to land on the beach??:)
Please post your stories or any info you have of this DZ!
www.skydivesandiego.com

Hi,
i worked there a couple of winters ago. The beach jumping is magic, life just doesn't get much better.
They were going to 14,000' when I was there. The drive to the airport takes about 20 minutes, depending on who is driving. the best thing to do is not look out the window for the first few trips. the driving is, umm,.. aggressive.:o:P
They open at 9:00 AM and jump till sunset. That only amounts to about four or five loads a day as the TMs tend to pack their own and, well because it's Mexico.
Make sure you are current on your canopy as traffic in the landing area is unpredictable and there are lots of hazards.

Nice! Yeah it is definitely a bummer, I wanted to jump there allot sooner but they need a D license, which will take time. Some day though!!!!!!! I guess in the mean time I can do cool things like camera jumps, wingsuit, and maybe some base. When that beach landing comes around, it will be cake!!!!!!!!!!!!