Krak

Skydive Puerto Vallarta??

Does anyone know if this DZ is still in business? I went to the link here:
http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/Detailed/1146.shtml and then followed the link for the DZ but it says the site is temporarily disabled. I also tried the email address listed and it does not work either.

I am planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta in November and was hoping to skydive. If it doesn't exist, can anyone tell me if there is somewhere close that woudl be good to jump at?

Regards,

Greg

Actually, I don't *think* the DZ there is in business. They had a jump operation the winter of '05-'06 operating out of the beach at the Holiday Inn but when I was there in March of 06, the tent was deserted everytime I stopped by. (I was staying at the resort next door.) I wasn't there to skydive, but I also never saw a jump plane or a parachute the whole time I was there. (I'll also add, that's not the best beach for landings- Ixtapa's is soooo much nicer!)

If you are in Puerto Vallarta and you're looking for something fun and a little bit adventurous, I highly recommend the zipline/ canopy tour. That was a ton of fun!

I just got done taking my honeymoon cruise down to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas... I definetly agree with taking the Canopy/Ziplining Tour... Holy shitcakes, that was a fun time...

As far as other dropzones are concerned, Ixtapa is the nearest one. If you can afford it, skip PV and go down to Cabo... I've been down there a few separate times and it's always a blast!

I got a deal with my buddies through a travel agent for $515.00 down to Cabo... It was an all inclusive deal for 4 days, plane ticket, hotel, food, booze(at the hotel) What a great deal for such a great place. El Medano beach is pretty much right in the middle of the tourist district and that's where you can skydive. Skydive Cabo is just a few tent poles and a tarp that's parked next to Tabasco's bar right on the beach. The sand is beautiful and you land right next to the bar. Cabo has by far been the smallest dropzone I've ever been to but also has been no contest, hands down, the most beautiful DZ I've ever been to.

Hope you have fun!!!
The key to being a good teacher, is to be a good listener...