SusieQGS

Corn Freaks Boogie

Archway Skydiving Center is holding our first Corn Freaks Boogie!!! July 20, 21, 22, & 23 We will be flying our Caravan to 14,000 ft for $24, Balloon Jumps for $170, Pitts Bi-Plane Jumps for $89, with Acrobatics $109, Photo for $45. There is camping on the airport, shower houses at a campgroud a few miles away, we'll have food vendors on the airport, and bonfires every night. We have bands booked for Satuday and Sunday nights. Sat: Eric "Guitar" Davis and the Troublemakers, a Blues band from Chicago. Sun: Leveld, a rock/cover band from St. Louis. Registration is $25, and you can register at archwayskydiving.com, go to the calendar of events, and sign up!

Archway Skydiving Center is located at Vandalia Municipal Airport in Vandalia, IL. About an hour east of St. Louis, a couple hours west of Indianapolis, and just a few hours south of the Chicago area. The airport is a short drive from town, where you'll find several motels and eateries if DZ camping isn't your thing.

Students are welcome, but you'll need an A-license or better to get you on the specialty jumps. Observer rides should be available on the Caravan, the balloon, and the bi-plane for non-jumpers. For those of you not familiar with Archway, you'll find a fairly even mix of belly and freeflyers. Coaching and organizing will be available for all skill levels. There is a huge landing area with outs in every direction and a great pea pit for accuracy.

If you're looking to get your "convention" groove on in the midwest this summer, this one is worth checking out. Read Archway's reviews on this site or visit archwayskydiving.com for more info on the dropzone.

The glass isn't always half-full OR half-empty. Sometimes, the glass is just too damn big.

Woohoo!

My suggestion for the boogie name won.

Kick ass.B|

Indeed, after a vote was taken on our message board, Corn Freaks became the official name. It was loved so much, someone even got a little carried away with it (see attachments). ;) You should show up now to take all the credit.

The glass isn't always half-full OR half-empty. Sometimes, the glass is just too damn big.

Some one said CORN.. no way am I going near that....I can see a few cornfileds from Altitude at Mt Vernon.. even that is too close to CORN....

Your profile names Eloy as a home DZ. Would you prefer landing on a cactus? What'd corn ever do to you anyway??? :P

Once upon a time.... long long ago.. at a Richmond Boogie.. I was doing RW loads out of DC-3's and Lockheed Lodestar. Going out as a late diver I was not spotting.

10 jumps... 9 landings in 12 ft tall CORN stalks with HUGE HARD ears of field CORN.... canopy was a Parafoil and just not a whole lot of fun stuff to land in. Way too much black and blue from landing the "GAUNTLET"

Have I mentioned I HATE CORN fileds:S

Summer jumping here in Washington there are a few fields of it in the surrounding valley.. not like there where its all you can see for MILES...

Lost Prairie in two weeks.. not a CORN field in sight.. from full altitude

Eloy... nope no cactus its a dried up Pleistocene lake bed... dusty with some desert bushes.. but NO CORN...