seedy

Tunnel training

Just got home today from a work trip to Florida. While there I was fortunate enough to get to
Skyventure for two coached sessions in the tunnel. If you ever have the chance, I highly recommend doing the tunnel. Omar and Derek were awesome coaches and I learned so much in there. Thanks guys.

And Arlo - glad I got the chance to meet you. You guys made my time at Skyventure a very good experience. Thanks again.

Now I can't wait to get back into the air and try what I learned!

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

We got a couple sessions in at Skyventure when we were down there for the Lake Wales boogie this weekend. My buddy and I each did 15 minutes of sitflying in the tunnel with coaching from Steve Blincoe (bigshot freeflyer, believe he's a national champ...).

Anyway, for our 15 minutes of tunnel time, in addition to video and very attentive coaching real-time in the tunnel, we got probably about 3x our tunnel time in debriefings afterwards.

I can't say enough about how good Steve Blincoe is. One of the times we went (4 of us total, for 1/2 hour), we got done at about 10 PM and despite the fact that Steve had been jumping all day and coaching stuff at the tunnel afterwards and probably just wanted to go home and sleep, he spent about 1.5 hours with us debriefing with the help of the video.

Anyway, Steve's a super-nice guy, loves his job, and knows his shit. If you get a chance to get coaching from him, in the tunnel or the air, I'd recommend it.

Joe

I *heart* Steve...he was nice enough to sell us an hour of his tunnel time last weekend so my teammate could fly a full hour, since she had to leave earlier than the rest of us. Steve rocks!

I must say, the staff at Skyventure are the best.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

If you really want great tunneltime, go to one of the tunnelcamps offered (NSL, DelandMajik, Airspeed). You get lots of training and time. I am going to my second Airspeed camp in April.
Definitely right that the skyventure team is totally committed and a great group of people. Airspeed also makes you feel like you paid a million bucks for their camp (they treat you that good... its like being in Vegas with a million on account).
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

If you really want great tunneltime, go to one of the tunnelcamps offered (NSL, DelandMajik, Airspeed).

Thaat is definitely on my To Do list when I have the funds available. I will get another shot at the tunnel in August if things work out.

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.