a97virago

Mal Pictures

I know this has been asked for FJC's. However, as a non-instructor/DZO, I'm looking for anyone that has jpgs of the varioius mals. I've had a side by side turned into a downplane on my 8th jump and it really re-enforced in me the need to constantly be reviewing emergency procedures. Thanks.

Larry

Larry A-43434

Ther aren't any hard and fast rules for mals of that nature. The situtation is different everytime( different sizes of the mains to the reserve eg:small main large reserve, vice versa. Altitude when mal started, sequence of evets leading up to that eg: were you aware of reserve deploying.) There are alot of factors to take into consideration and this is why you won't get a hard and fast answear to use if this happens again.
Airtec recently did a good talk on having 2 canopies out at the BPA AGM and if this type of post hasn't been covered before get in touch with them they might have something you.

Check the forums for discussions on malfunctions and incidents, check the malfunctions in the pictures' gallery here on dz.com, also try and find some malfunction videos (there are few on ftp.skydivingmovies.com And of course, whenever you're at the dz and not jumping, look up when parachutes start opening. You're bound to see a malfunction sooner or later;).

I highly recommend buying the "Break Away" video. I did and had watched it twice in the 3 weeks prior to my 2 out mal downplane. I knew exactly what to do. It's an excellent video which you can get from many of the online skydiving stores.

Glad you survived.

Patrick
--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342

I second that motion. BREAK AWAY is a great video for familiarizing yourself with malfunctions and some possible procedures toget out of them alive!

the best thing is to know how to avoid them(although there isnt a 100% gaurantee that you can avoid them...therefore you should buy this video and learn what to do in such cases);)

My photos

My Videos