RandomLemming

London(ish) places to jump through winter

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any UK dropzones that manage to fit a couple of low altitude jumps in on the weekends through winter?

I really want to keep jumping through winter (just waiting for a suit that will let me put some layers underneath), but I'd like to find somewhere that I have a better chance of getting a few jumps in over a weekend.

Thanks in advance,

If there's enough interest, they'll normally do some low altitude stuff.

Pretty much every UK DZ continues jumping through the winter, we jump at altitude if we can get it, or low if the weather is shitty.

Some DZ's closest to London are LPS, Headcorn, Sibson and Chatteris.

Check out www.bpa.org.uk for the DZ map.:)
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

Empuriabrava is pretty close to London as well!! Lots of Brits come here for the weekend, best time yet is 4hrs 10 mins door to door, (leave work Fri, at the dz bar in sunny Spain before 10pm!)

It can take longer to get from work to a DZ in Uk on a busy Friday night.

AND

With the cheap deals available on the budget airlines it can be cheaper than the fuel you would use in the car!

;)
--------------------------------------

Scarily Regan is right. I was drinking San Miguel in the Catalunya sunshine by 3PM B|

If your going to bang out alot of jumps you could even justify going for a long weekend, it really is that much cheaper.

I so want to go back only this time that wind can fuck off!

Spain is definately a good option.

The alternative is to look out for a really cheap week away - i've just got tickets with Virgin to florida for £280 inc tax (sometimes globespan does the whole thing for £200 ish) and at £10 per jump (roughly) it's definately worth looking at if you can grab the time away :)
Otherwise you can stay in uk and do it the hardcore way :P

Hi,
Back in 99, I took a subway, train, and a cab (short distance) from London to Headcorn.
It took about an hour and was easy.
The jumpers where vary friendly, and the airport scenary made it one of the best skydiving experiences I ve had in the 10+ years I have been skydiving.

The airport is in Headcorn, UK.

Regan is so right! I have done Empuria to Langar, door to door in 5 1/2 hours! Missed the last lift at Langar but still a strange day, breakfast by the beach, jumps over Empuria followed by drinks in Nottinghamshire!

From London a train to Stanstead is easy and with Ryan Air's checking in times its like getting a bus! Car hire or cab work out about the same for a short stay and you'll be drinking beer in the Kiwi before you know it.

Bring on new years in Empuria and yes the wind better fuck off! ;)