JKT

Visiting US in Sept - what's Skydive Long Island like?

Hi,

I'm travelling to the US from the UK at the start of September and am hoping to go jumping at Skydive Long Island - anyone know what the place is like? I'm aiming to get there on Saturday, 2nd Sept and will hopefully stay until Tues, 5th Sept (I hope they are still open during the week!).

Does the DZ have any accommodation and if not, is there any good, cheap place to stay nearby? Also, I've just seen on my calendar that it is Labor Day on the Monday - is that a national holiday and if so is the DZ open then?

Thanks very much in advance.

N.B. I performed a search but nothing recent came up on this subject for SDLI.
-----

Official 100 jump wonder

Thanks for the feedback, but trying to get accommodation for that weekend is not easy. Campsites are a bit of a joke though - they won't let you book in advance even though it will be impossible as someone travelling from abroad to get there for a "first come, first served" basis. Oh well, my own fault for not trying to book sooner...

I'll be staying elsewhere on LI so hopefully the LIRR/Taxi combo is working well that weekend!
-----

Official 100 jump wonder

SDLI is a great DZ! like stated before is has a big, easy landing zone....the view up top is awesome. You can see both folks of the island and the sound/atlantic.

The staff is friendly along w/ the fellow skydivers.

the only prob is that of which your running into, the LIRR is not far at all but alittle price along w/ the taxi far....but its well worth it!!!! this the link to closest hotel, 3 exits away http://www.bestwesterneastend.com/index.htm
GOOD LUCK

Thanks, but they were already fully booked up. I've actually found somewhere in Hicksville (worth it just to stay somewhere called that) which suits my real business for being in Long Island as well. I'll only be able to jump for two and a bit days so train plus taxi is probably the way I'll have to go...
-----

Official 100 jump wonder