havefunbesafe

where to tandem jump

I am trying to find the safest, best equipped school to send my 20 year old son on a tandem jump. I live just north of Cincinnati. I don't know who to trust. Can you recommend the "best"?

Are you looking for a dropzone or a guarantee that nothing bad will/could happen?

We see these questions often. I would recommend looking at the dropzones tab at the top or visit the USPA.org website for a list of dropzones. Please be advised just because a DZ is not a USPA group member, does not mean it is not a "good" dropzone.

Also, please beware of virtual dropzones. If you find a dropzone on line and you make a reservation, make sure they will give you a physical address before you give the a cc #. If they won't they are not a real dropzone.

Hope your son has a good time.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Tandem jumping is remarkably uniform. The safety numbers are more or less the same no matter where you go. The experience is more or less the same as well. Do a search on the drop zone locator on this site, go there and check it out for yourself.

If that doesn't work, come to Skydive Delmarva (I know, shameless plug, but what the hey).;)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Quick and easy answer is there are 3 DZ's close to you.

Skydive Green County, Xenia Ohio is about 45-60 minutes north of you on 71. They are flying a Twin Otter that holds 21 people to 13000 feet. They can be reached at 937-372-0700 or www.Skydiveohio.com

Skydive Richmond is in Richmond Indiana and is flying 2 Cessna 182's that hold 4 jumpers each to 10000 feet. They are up 75 to 70 and into Indiana. www.skydiverichmond.com

Skydive Greensburg is in Greensburg Indiana and is flying either Beech 99 or a Cessna Caravan that holds at least 14 jumpers to 12000+ feet. www.skydivegreensburg.com

I'm very partial to Skydive Greene County myself and thats where you will find me this weekend (as usual) :)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Are you saying that more canopy collisions happen at this dz than the other ones in the area? Do you have any data to back up your inflammatory statement?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon