andyknowles

Anyone up for skydiving in the Maldives?

A Maldivian friend of mine has asked me to test the water and see if anyone would be interested in skydiving packages in the Maldives.
This is a serious proposal by a Maldivian airline to maximise utilisation of one of their Do228's. The DZ's would be at Gan and Hanimaadhoo. Not being a skydiver, I thought I might you guys and gals. I guess that from 12,000', the island DZ would look very small!!!!!!!!
:)

Dornier 228s are good jump planes.
Back in the mid-1980s, a German airline (Dragonair?) used to bring a Do228 to Leutkirch one weekend per month.
We carried 24 or 26 skydivers.
I found the factory jump door a bit awkward for tandems because its sill was several inches above the floor. In a warm climate like the Maldives, you would probably be more comfortable without the door.

Thanks for the input peeps.
It's still at the feasibility stage at the moment. I don't know about the other DZ, but the Gan one would be south of the runway on Gan airfield. The airport only has a few moves a day, so there's plentyof time to get drops in. Have a look at [www.equatorvillage.com] for photos of the island and hotel, and there's some more on my website http://members.lycos.co.uk/ganisland/ Gan isn't your typical holiday island, the islands on the west side are all connected by causeways and you can cycle up to the NW corner which is about 20kms away.

Do you think, it's possible to jump out of a Twotter with floats? It seems to be very close to the door - you might touch while dropping...

and why not stand on the floats ?? or do a correct exit ?? :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM