dvdcoon

Going to San Diego!

I'm considering moving to San Diego and will be going there this Sat(19th). Among all the things to check out, I really want to visit some of the dropzones around there. I've read the "leaving the nest" post and it sounds helpful, but more for current skydivers(licensed). I'm still on student status and have only a handful of jumps. Getting to the point...how will people be if I try to interact and mingle at these much bigger dropszones? I'm not sure what to expect. I'm always bombarding my coaches with questions and sticking my ears into their skydive talk and stories. I just want to see things, meet new people, and take in as much as I can without being bothersome. I've even saved enough money to try the wind tunnel at Perris! Any advice?

You should see all three DZ's.

San Diego has one, Elsinore, and Perris. I finished my student status at Perris but like to jump at San Diego because of the location and price...

But Elsinore and Perris have thier cool things about them as well...

~G~

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"

I have been to 4 dropzones in 70 skydives. San Diego is an awesome place... I wish it was my home DZ, but I can't move. Skydive San Diego is an awesome DZ. Small enough they WILL know your name and jump with you. Big enough to support an Otter and Caravan - so no waiting around for a slot.

I got some great coaching there too.

But nothing beats a windtunnel for learning how to fly your body. I love watching people fly because you can SEE what YOU need to do, then you can do it... So spend some time in Perris too. Pat is a great tunnel coach, worth every penny. PM me if you need his e-mail address.