WrongWay

Espace Boogie 2005

Yes it is!!

I have been to two of them,

The first at the Lappalise DZ (there home) they had about seven planes going mad non stop good vibes and good time great place i go there every year.

the last two boogies they have had the AN72 flying and that is a real machine that is about two thirds the size of a c130 with two f*** off jet engines on the wings.

When the AN is in they move about ten miles away to Vichy airport that has a long runway. about 4-5 hundred jumpers there with mad parties!!!!!!!

Go visit Europe and have a blast.[url]http://www.aeronautics.ru/archive/vvs/planes/antonov_an-72_1.jpg[url]

about 4-5 hundred jumpers there with mad parties!!!!!!!

last year were fewer people... and parties were not so mad, cause everybody only wanted to jump...

all the rest is true... 7 minutes to 5000m (16500ft) with around 70 jumpers aboard... awesome...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

They must have just changed to that donut as a couple of days ago they had a little bit of info on there but a comment that more details soon.

Last I heard, from one of the load organisers, was that they didn't know if it would be the AN72 or smaller planes at Lapalisse, he was trying to find that from them.

Anything specific that you want to know and I'll see if I can remember.

check www.lapalisse-aero.com as they organise the Vichy Boogie. AFAIK they should have the AN72, as (of what I heard) they had it under contract for a couple of years... But contracts can be broken, things can change... But if they don't have an exceptionnal jumpship, I'm not going...

Yeah cause who would want to go to a boogie that onlys has 3 super otters, a skyvan and a casa, regularly does fantastic jumps and it at a fantastic dropzone - noone ever does that, it's only about the plane:S

The jet rocks but so does the boogie at lapalisse. Either way round it is surely one of the best (if not the best) boogies in europe, unless anyone knows different?

well to me that specific boogie is more about the plane....
I also go to boogies with 2 porters...
I went to Lapalisse with 1 Twin and 1 Skyvan and had a great time.
To me Vichy is about the jumpship... An72 (+ skyvan and Beech 99), Mi 26 ... something big and exceptionnal.
If they "only" have 3 super otters, a skyvan and a casa, I'd rather drive 2 hours more and go to Empuria to jump the twin and the Otters...

Just a personal opinion.