SpinDoctor

ROAD TRIP: Eloy to LA??

Hi guys

This is the first seed of a plan, you U.S. guys tell me if it's viable.

OK, so we're planning on flying into Phoenix on or around Christmas and then jumping at Eloy for the Boogie.

Some time around 2 / 3 January, the plan is to take a road trip from DZ to DZ, taking in the views and towns and cities of, well.... wherever we end up going!

My guess would be to head towards San Diego / LA, but if there's anything better in another direction - then we can do that. There just needs to be a major international airport at the end of it, to get us back to the UK.

So - sound like a plan?

Tell me what you think we should be doing!!

Thanks
-----------------------
Connextion: British 8 Way Team
www.bodyflight.co.uk
-----------------------

Heres what you could do. Take I-10 west from Eloy about 100 miles to Desert Skydive Center, jump there, then continue on I-10 about 300 miles to Perris, then drive over the hill to Elsinor, drop down I-15 to Skydive San Diego, then take I-8 back to Eloy.
HAVE FUNB|
----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

you could go up north and end up in san francisco. but if you are going in late december early january then it will probly be cloudy and foggy[:/]. either ending up in L.A or San Francisco would be a great road trip. i sudjest if u have time to go to LA then go up highway 1 up the coast and fly back out of SFO. I hope its a fun trip

Nick

Agreed. Just did that exact route except in the reverse order. It's a long drive but well worth it......I-8 is pretty baron but one of best drive I've ever taken.
Make sure you go through the montains during the day.:)Have fun
Blue skies.
Rich
One must ensure that his or her spirit is never broken......Samurai Maxim

Thanks guys.

Just to re itterate... I don't need to fly back from AZ. I would go to Cal, Nevada, Texas. I just want to try and get the best route available.

With that in mind - any other possible routes?

Thanks, Phil
-----------------------
www.bodyflight.co.uk
-----------------------

We are now planning a road trip, following the Christmas Boogie, from Eloy, through AZ to Las Vegas.

Having looked at the USPA web site, it looks like a very rough schedule would be:
3rd Jan - Marana
3rd Jan - Coolidge
4th Jan - Desert
5th Jan - Cottonwood
6th Jan - Boulder
6th Jan - Vegas Extreme

Anyone have any info or experience of these DZs? Or are there any more on the way from Eloy to Las Vegas?

Thanks
-----------------------
www.bodyflight.co.uk
-----------------------