CanuckInUSA

CO jumpers, get yourself out to the Moab Boogie

There has been a lot of back stabbing and bickering going on here in the Colorado skydiving community lately and makes me wonder why are we so different than other more civil regions around the country? How is it that operations like Perris Valley and a Elsinore can cooperate (Elsinore sending Perris their airplanes when big-ways are organized). Yet we sit here and try to mess with each other. One dropzone scheduling a boogie and under cutting their lift ticket prices on the same weekend that another dropzone has scheduled a boogie weeks in advance. Anyway, I digress. But now we are given an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

All indications are that the (Mother Of All Boogies) out at Skydive Moab Friday October 1st through Sunday October 3rd will be something to remember for all who plan on attending. And I would also like to add that the DZO of Skydive Moab (Clint MacBeth) is one hell of a nice individual who bent over backwards one weekend last January when myself and a few friends showed up unannounced to jump at his DZ when no one else was around. So for all of you Colorado jumpers who would like to support Skydive Moab, want to have some fun and want to see some spectacular scenery, let's all get out there and show Clint what we're made of.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Here are some further thoughts concerning the (Mother Of All Boogies) out at Skydive Moab Friday October 1st through Sunday October 3rd.

Too many of us local Colorado jumpers only ever jump at Mile Hi, Brush or Skydive the Rockies (R.I.P Front Range Skydivers) and very few people actually make the effort to get out to these other respective DZs (what's wrong with jumping at different DZs people. You'll only be a better skydiver with the more DZs you've jumped at). So it's easy to see why Mile-Hi people thumb their noses at Brush people, Brush people slam the Mile-Hi people and well SDTR people are probably just sitting back and laughing at the whole thing. But very few of us even know the SDTR people and they don't know us because we don't visit each other. So instead of sitting there wondering how can I slam this DZ or that DZ, the (Mother Of All Boogies) out at Skydive Moab is offering us all an opportunity to come together on neutral turf, to put the bullshit aside for at least one weekend and to have a little fun together.

Plus how many of us get to rub shoulders with world class skydivers? Come on after all, we are pretty small time here in Colorado compared to the jumping which goes on in CA, AZ, FL, NY, NJ, IL and TX. Well TJ Langren of Skydive Arizona will be out at the Moab boogie doing freefly and tracking load organizing. And for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting or jumping with TJ, I can tell you from personal experience that he is one hell of a cool character. He's got world class freeflying skills, he's one of the top competitors on the PST and well as I said, he's one hell of a character to be able to rub shoulders with and to bullshit with over a beer at the camp fire. And if freeflying is not your thing, several very talented RW people from CO who were recently out at Perris Valley doing 100+ way sequentials, will be there. Plus if I'm not mistaken Jay Epstein will be there organizing birdman flocks and Jimmy and Marta will be there for those of us who have the gear and the knowledge to huck ourselves off of the cliffs while the experienced swoopers are swooping these cliffs. How many times can you do this sort of fun stuff at Mile-Hi, Brush or SDTR? Of course all of us who are planning on hucking ourselves off of or swooping the cliffs need to keep safety in mind. None of us wants to be hurt (or worse) and we sure don't want to give this boogie a black eye because of unsafe stupid behavior.

So put the bullshit aside for one weekend and come on out and have some fun at Moab October 1st through October 3rd. You won't regret it.

man lay off it aint time yet.

Is it time yet? Shit before you know it, we'll all be in Moab (some like you if I'm not mistaken, before others ... that would be me).

besides i only slam canadians anyway

Well INS has given you at least one more year of slaming me. In other words, you didn't try hard enough telling them home much of a bum I was, they let me in for another year. :ph34r: