mnealtx

SD Houston - 10/21 to 10/26

Ok, here's the deal -

SWMBO and I will be at SD Houston from 10/21 to 10/26.

SD Houston doesn't jump on Thur (10/21) or Tues (10/26) unless they get at least 5 jumpers - enough to pay for the plane.

Anyone want to show up and help me get more jump time while i'm home??
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Ok, weird...it won't let me edit the post....

I re-read the email from SD Houston, and they mention 5 students...then later mention 14 fun jumpers.

I've emailed them asking if I have to bring 3 more students, or if I can get enough fun jumpers in, will they open the dz. Waiting on a response from them, now.

Cross your fingers for me!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Well, I verified some stuff with SD Houston:

1. Gotta have 5 RESERVED student jumpers or 14 fun jumpers to get the Super Otter in the air on Thursday or Tuesday.

2. I have to call them around the start of October to reserve time, at that time they're going to see if one of the instructiors is willing to come out on Thursday and do the ground school so we can start jumping Friday morning.

Merkur, thanks for the offer! I'd be pleased to hang out with ya across the weekend, even if we don't get enough people to get the plane up.

Todd - thank you for the offer! I'll have to check on that, though - the main reason I'm back home in October rather than now is my grandaughter's birth. We need to stay within about 3 or 3.5 hours drive time of San Antonio, just in case.

Heck, I wouldn't mind jumping at SDA just for the Shiner on tap after beer call!! ;)
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706