McDuck

Suggestions for skydiving in France?

So, my sweetheart and I are spending a week in France in September and are thinking about jumping. Neither one of us speaks French with any degree of skill, and to say that we understand more than we speak would almost be an insult to natives and fluent French-speaking individuals the world over. We are just trying to gather information as to whether it would be work our while to take our gear and/or attempt to make some jumps while visiting.

As far as I know, we will be flying into Paris and spending at least 4 days there before we head off to Geneva, Switzerland to visit with friends there. Our trip is scheduled for the 13th through the 20th of September.

We are open to suggestions and recommendations. The two of us tend to be fairly humble and respectful, but most especially when visiting another country. Any advice that people can give us would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

If you'Re not too confy with your french, I'd say stick with the largest DZs: Lapalisse and Gap will have some english speaking folks no doubt. Gap has awsome views too.

If you're in Switzerland, you way wanna chech the jumping there, awsome views too from what I hear. Send a PM in english to piisfish (he's in in CH and will be able to tell you which places to chech out)
Remster

hi there, on 18/19/20 sep we will be jumping in Bottens, 70km out of Geneva, nice place in the countryside where we have our swoop pond.
Just don't hesitate to contact me if you wanna have more details to jump or move around while you're in the area.
If your sweetheart is not a jumper, we always have a pax seat in the porter for the price of a regular jump, or we also have the possibility to do tandem jumps for her or your friends... And many people around here have some knowledge of english.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Thank you very much for the info. My sweetheart and I are both jumpers, and she is a pilot as well (should have her instrument rating by the time we leave). I'll send you more info when I have it as to when we'll be going from France to Geneva, Switzerland. We'd love to visit and jump with you, even though we're both low # jumpers (me: 124; her: 95). Let us know if there is anything we need to be aware/careful of. We're so excited about this trip we can hardly stand to wait until September. I'll keep you informed. Thank you again for your initial assistance. :)
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

GREAT.
All you need to jump at our DZ is a valid licence, insurance, maybe your rig (we have rigs for rent, smallest is a silhouette 170, but students have priority to get the rigs), and this place Bottens being in th emiddle of nowhere, maybe have some picnic with you (closest restaurantns are quite far...).
we have our chalet on wheels, which includes WC, television, video, electric supply for cameras etc, tables and benches, we also have packing mats (oh can you pack ?? we might have packers, but not guaranteed)...
this is one of the places where we take our students so there is no problem with 100 jumps...

We both have our licenses, insurance and rigs, but we'll be sure to bring some food and drink. You know, this will be our first jumps in a different country, so perhaps you should recommend some beer now so we'll be ready. ;)

By the way, how far is Bottens from Geneva. We'll be staying with a friend in Geneva while we're there, and I want to get an idea of how far we'll need to travel.

Oh, and we both pack..when I'm not being lazy. :P

Bottens I'd say from Geneva would be around a 40 minutes drive, nothing too bad...
Beers : Heineken, Cardinal, always a few Smirnoff Ice, some of us don't like beer...

I'm not sure if I'll have my new rig by the time we make our trip to Switzerland, so I may need to rent gear. Obviously that will be dependent on how many students you have and other factors. I'll try to have my rig before then, but it may not happen. My current one is up for sale after a premature deployment in sit. [:/]

My current one is up for sale after a premature deployment in sit. [:/]

holy crap [:/] glad you're OK
yeah as I said it depends if we have many students or not, but then you always have the possibility to share the rigs...

Thanks, my friend. I'm okay. I was a bit shaken up, understandably, but other than a stiff back for a few days, I am doing fine.

If I don't have something by the time we leave, I'll just wait my turn once we get there. B|

We just bought our TGV tickets from France into Switzerland. More updates soon.

If you'Re not too confy with your french, I'd say stick with the largest DZs: Lapalisse and Gap will have some english speaking folks no doubt. Gap has awsome views too.

I've just got back from Gap a few weeks ago - FANTASTIC!!! There is an English instructor out there called Kevin Hardwick and a few of the French guys speak a bit of English too! I went as a student and had no problems - so don't worry about your low jump numbers! And the views are fab too! :)