AllyMilne

Czech Boogie Roll Call

Its 14-21st of august. There are lot of brits going, not that you could tell from this post tho

For for information phone the guy running it, he's called pete marsden.

The Karlovy Vary Boogie, 14-20 August, offers a Turbolet going to 13,000 feet with accommodation from camping to five star hotels. This cheap and cheerful event is an ideal first time boogie.

01932 701321

[email protected]

seems to me it's during the Vichy boogie with the antonov 72...

Actually the Espace Boogie finishes on 15 Aug, so I can make both!! Lots of driving but this is the only week (15-21 Aug) that I didnt have anything planned... I do now!!

See you there! B| Is there a website I can check in on? :D:D

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

i dont think there is a website.

Suffice to say there gogi nto be a load of brits headed out, with a string scottish contingent.

Cheap beer, cheap jumps, big plane, sunshine. All the stuff that doesnt happen in scotland! Spoke to a few folk who have been before and they said it was the best boogie they go to all year and those are the folk that always go out year after year.

If anyone is reading this and has been before give us some more detials.

I wish!!! After 10 years in the same place and 4 years in the same job I decided I need a break!!

I just sold my house and furniture, bought a new rig and here I am!! Having the best time ever and not regreting it for a moment!!B|

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

Edit: Am I going to need BPA memebrship coming from the UK?... I've been saving that 105 quid...

Your BPA membership covers you for 3rd party, worldwide except for the USA and Canada.

I would strongly advise that if you are skydiving abroad ANYWHERE that you take out travel insurance. I'm pretty sure that my travel insurance (with AXA) covers me 3rd party world wide (would need to double check - but as I have BPA and USPA membership I am covered 3rd party anyway). My AXA insurance, worldwide, annual set me back around £120 this year.

If you would prefer to get single trip insurance (although if you are going abraod more than twice in a year, this will probably not be cost efficient), you could try Harrison Beaumont.

Provided you have travel insurance that covers you for skydiving and you check the small print that it covers you 3rd party as well as everything else, you should be fine. But double check with the DZ/Boogie organisers!

Vicki

NB If you buy your AXA insurance online be sure to choose the dangerous/hazardous sports option or you won't be covered for any of this!

I had problems getting cover for my trip but in the end found that http://www.columbusdirect.com/ were by far the best for multi-country skidiving cover and had no limit on the amount of jumping (several other copmpanies would only cover if skydiving was <25% of the trip or under a ceratin number of jumps)

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

Any new takers? I notice Malev has expressed interest on the Espace thread...

Yea, I'm hoping I can come along! :)
I jump with some of the guys in this thread, and I know a few more people who aren't on DZ.com are also coming along - so should be lots of fun!

spoke to pete marsden, jumps ~£15 quid but pay in euros preferably, and take some czech crowns for the smaller pubs in the town.

planes, 1 super let with another let on standby if there is the demand.

thats all i have, if you wand to contact pete his details are in the back of the mag under the czech boogie in the events page

also i found cheap travel insurance for extreme activities with einsleigh insurance for £18 for the duration of the trip

see ya there! :)E
www.ewancowie.com
www.facebook.com/ewancowiephotography

were getting picked up at the airport on on the fri about 5pm, call pete marsden to see if he will have any spare room! i dont have his number on me, but its in the back of the UK skydive mag if you have one!

see ya there B|
www.ewancowie.com
www.facebook.com/ewancowiephotography