sneaky

Skydive Lillo Spain

Just arrived at Skydive Lillo in Spain , just south of Madrid... This place ROCKS !!! They have this kick ass swoop pond at just over 300 feet long and the weather is amazing !! Tans all round good vibes and great staff....

They plan to have the pool / Bar finished by the end of May and will have the Porter upgraded to Dash 34 engines....

If youre in Europe you have to come and check Lillo out !! Its definatley the best DZ I have seen yet.... and trust me I have seen them all....

Man .. you must be on their pay-roll or something!! I went to Lillo last year before they'd completed their swoop spond.

Spent about 3 days there but unfortunately didn't have great weather .. it was about the 3 only days it went foggy for the whole year .. any way that was just bad luck .. We did get a few jumps in though.

Apart from being in the absolute middle of no-where and the fact that right now there is no where to buy food or even make yourself a cup of coffee .. oh and it's a 1/2 mile walk to the toilets .. it's ok ... ;-)

What I will say .. is the guys that run it .. bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable. They wanted our business and really pulled out the stops to keep us happy. They took the porter to 14k for just 3 of us .. man that was cool.

On one of the days, one of our party who had not jumped for a while wasn't completely sure whether she felt ok jumping or not in the conditions. Daniel there (one of the main men) told her to go up to altitude .. look out .. if she didn't want to jump she didn't have to and she wouldn't loose her jump ticket. We thought that was seriously nice .. great customer services.

Yeah so, Lillo is nice .. but there is a serious lack of facilities right now .. when they get them in place .. it will be great I think.

Hello Xavenger,

Efectively, when you came to Skydive Lillo last year werent ready some of the facilities the DZ has now.

From the last year, Skydive Lillo have finished a new building with toiletes beside the Hangar, all the DZ was planted with grass, we have an incredible swoop pond with 430 ft, and before the end of may it will be finished the swiming pool and the outdoor and indoor bar.

For the last months the town has been involved in its own developing seeing the great growing of the DZ and now you have available 7 supermarkets where you can buy your food and cook it on the DZ in several BBQ, or go to more than 12 bar and restaurants close to the DZ (10 minutes wolking or 2 minutes driving). The prices on the town are inclediblely cheap.

Regarding other things to do in the Skydive Lillo's sourrandings, I sugggest to you to visit www.skydivelillo.com you will see that the DZ is located 96 km away from Madrid, one of the biggest cities in Europe, where you can find all you could need, cinemas, theatres, snowboards indoor(less than 30 minutes away from the DZ) themes parks...etc...etc

In sum up, Skydive lillo is on the proccess of growing and there are lots of incredible difference since the las year and, but there is only one thing Skydive lillo hasnt changed,

its compromise in customer service,

We hope to see you again at skydive Lillo.

Hey Tronko

Sounds like it's all coming along great!

I will probably see you there later in the year if that's where you are based Tronko - I am spending 2 months in the Madrid area visiting my girlfriend who is learning spanish over there.

I'll be doing lots of jumping at Lillo if I can adjust to the heat. How hot does it get there in July? You know us Brits are just not used to it ...

:-)

regards

James

Hi mate,

I will look forward to see you in Lillo!!

In July to be honnest there isnt too cold ;), the temperatures comes from 18ºC during the night and 32 ºC during the day, but you will have the pool ready to soak yourself.

During the high season, Skydive Lillo will have two porters full time, so it means you will jump as much as you want.

See you soon mate

Hey! I'm going to be there around May 15-16 or so for the weekend and then traveling around Spain!! I can't wait...been on their website www.skydivelillo.com and chatting w/everone there on thier forums in Spanish...they are looking forward to me coming, they all seem really nice and FUN! I hope to stop by Emporia Brava too! Ohhh ! I can't WAIT!!!!
-Crystal

Hello Fedykin,

Skydive Lillo has 1 Pilatus turbo porter in permanence and other aircrafs as demand. This summer we will have 2 porters and probably a twin other some days.

Yes, you can jump with your skyball at Skydive Lillo, you only have to tell it to the staff organizer.

Blue skies and safe swoops

By the way! Come and swoop our new pond.

hey Piers....

bring the skyball and chat with some dudes at Nethers as they may organize a Exped out here,,,, either way be nice too see your freefly ass here...

when did you get your AD then .... see you soonb mate....;)

Hey tronko

I heard that the Porter will have new Dash 34`s engines.... so this means it will do full altitude in 9 minutes or so ??? If this is correct ... then technically this is one fast jumpship !!! :ph34r: Probally one of the fastest in Europe.... and with ten jumpers then its possible for two 4-way teams to train out of one aircraft......

You are right mate,

The upgrade to A-34 will be done at the end of July son then we could say We are gonna have the fastest plane in Spain since then.

With this facking fast aircraft, the new swoop pond and all the facilities we are opening the DZ is becoming in something incredible.

When are you caming again mate?

Skydive Lillo is so accessable from Madrid airport and Madrid airport being an epicentre for travel in and to Europe,quite cheap also.The Dz has a pick service from Mike which is cheap and well worth the chance to listen to the guys great tales of the world.The local town is superb and has some great Bars and Cafeterias to chill out in during the evening or at Siesta time,and is also a great chance to experience the spanish language and culture....B|

Brian Vacher was here last week and managed to swoop the whole pond with an impressive 460ft swoop ( approx ) which in my book makes that an unofficial world record.... nice one brian...

Tronko... maybe an idea to lenghthen the pond a little ???