flyangel2

Casa weekend at Mile Hi

Gee, Frank must not love me, cause I didn't get anything in my in box[:/] I'll have to let him know that he missed some people.

Yeah, like I don't know about the boogie:P Let's keep our fingers crossed that the weather is better for the weekend. Nothing like getting the gals all organized and then have it rain. Plus I've also organized 20 ways for Sunday. I want sunshine.
See ya Saturday, I hope!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I honestly don't know why someone from MHSD hasn't posted anything here about their up and coming CASA boogie, but here is an email that I received concerning their CASA boogie this weekend.

Come join the fun!

Casa! Casa! Casa!
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, Mile-Hi Skydiving Center will be hosting the 1st Annual 5280’ Boogie. With a full line of events, this boogie is set to be the best yet. For a boogie fee of $20, we will be providing a BBQ dinner Saturday night and an extensive list of activities to participate in. In addition to the arrival of the Casa and our other turbine aircraft, we will be featuring hot air balloon jumps during the morning hours on Sunday. We are scheduled to have wheels off the ground at 8am Friday morning and by 7am Saturday and Sunday mornings. In attendance providing a full line of demos will be Performance Designs, Mirage Systems, Sky Systems and Go Fast. Also taking place this weekend will be the Pioneers of Skydiving Event on Friday for anyone who helped pioneer the sport by making a jump during the 1960’s or earlier, and finally, making a guest appearance Saturday night, will be Col. Joe Kittenger, giving a presentation of his journey jumping from over 100K ft AGL.

Night jumps! Night jumps! Night jumps!
Friday night we will making night jumps out of the King Air! If you wish to participate in the night jumps, you will need to be here by 7:30pm for the briefing. To make a night jump, you must have a B-license, strobe light, glow sticks and/or a glow face altimeter.

Balloon jumps! Balloon jumps! Balloon jumps!
These will be held in the wee hours Sunday morning. Jump costs are $75, and you must have a minimum of 50 jumps to make a balloon jump. If you are interested, please email or call us to reserve your slot on the balloon.

L.O. and coaching! L.O. and coaching! L.O. and coaching! Mile-Hi will be providing free load organizing for all disciplines – including Birdman jumps!! - and discounted tracking, freefly, and RW coaching will be available (Mile-Hi will waive the coaches fee, so you will only have to pay for a coaches’ slot). Team Thos will be hosting free RW organizing, and freefly organizing will be announced.

Demos! Demos! Demos!
To add to the busy schedule of events, Mile-Hi, along with our other sponsors, will be hosting a full line of demo products. Sabre2, Katana, and PD-Reserves will be available in all sizes, and there will be a $5 connection fee for the reserve demos only. G3 and G4 container systems will be available courtesy of Mirage, and a full line of open and full face Sky Systems helmets will also be available for demo check out, and the Rocky Mountain Birdman School will be out with a full line of demo suits and pants.

Tracking! Tracking! Tracking!
Swooping! Swooping! Swooping!
For those of you who like to be competitive, Mile-Hi will be hosting tracking distance contests and pylon races, and of course, a swoop competition on Saturday. Registration for the swoop competition begins at 8am, and the briefing will begin at 9am.

Quack! Quack! Quack!
We will also have a duck drop contest. Ducks are $3 each, and there will be prizes for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd most accurate ducks.

We will have free camping and limited RV and trailer space available - please contact manifest to confirm. Stay the weekend with our all inclusive activities, night jumps Friday, early morning loads Saturday, free BBQ Saturday night with Joe Kittenger speaking, and balloon jumps and early loads Sunday morning. We hope to see you there! Call manifest if you have any questions (303) 702-9911.

Casa! Casa! Casa!

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

what about the swwop contest????????

It's mentioned above. But if you're talking about me not being entered??? Dude I've got something like 20 jumps on my 119. I don't know that canopy. I'm not going to subject myself to the potential carnage. :o:|[:/]:SB|;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over