The111

Ears ringing

Not sure if this is the right forum... but after making 6 jumps the other day (my personal record!) the next morning my ears were ringing a bit. I notice that people who jump a lot (teams, etc) wear earplugs sometimes. Wondering if I should. Are the plugs intended to block out noise from the plane, or noise from freefall? I'm guessing freefall, since most jumpers I watched didn't put them in until before jumprun (i.e. they were not wearing them for the plane ride).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

There's been a few discussions about ear plug usage before, if you search you'll probably find some cool info...

Anyways, think about what you're doing to your ears, long periods of loud noise in the plane, then another period of loud noise in freefall. Can't be good.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yep, as Dave said, lots of threads, tons of good info.

The ringing might have been just a side effect of the pressure changes and noise. Should go away soon. If it does not, see a doctor. It might be signs of a more serious problem. It sure sucks hearing that damn sound in your ears all the time......