caledoniankid

i wee question from scotland

hey there everyone.i have been thinking in investing my disposable time energy and income into what looks like an exhausting but fully worthwhile sport.can anyone tell me in what way the sky can change my world.eg, the freedom felt when falling or just the plain and simple views from a couple of mile up and how best to go about getting into the sport.

Any kind of flying is fun. The more wind you have in your face, the more fun the flying is! Now if you can wrap your entire body in high speed air .... the fun is immeasurable.
As for the affect it will have on your life?
Plan on devoting every spare second and every spare pound for the rest of your life. For a few years you will do it part time, but the next time you get down-sized, laid off or fired (Oh and chances are you will get fired for gazing at blue skies too much) you will move into a camper trailer on the airport and make your living packing parachutes. If you are wise, you will have two or three sets of equipment and two or three instructor ratings by that point and if you are really bright you will have a rigger's rating so you can pack reserves in the nice, dry, warm loft.
Resistance is futile!
Hee! Hee!

If you got the money do AFF ( you can only do that at St Andrews in Scotland) otherwise its the long slog of RAPS. If your at uni join your Skydiving society(its cheaper), most jump at Errol or St Andrews, if your not a student.find the nerarest drop zone and if you've not been on a course yet get on one. Then show up at the drop zone every weekend and learn. Since thers only 3 drop zones in scotland it might be worth going to each and doing a couple of jumps. Not sure of Straths prices but Errol is £25 a jump for students and £30 for non students. St Andrews is £40 and £30. Its best if you take up the sport with a few friends so you can share transport and encourage each other during the many off days. Brunton(Northumbria) is also worth a look as its only 2.5 hours south of edinburgh and its got a great atmosphere. If you got any futher questions about jumping in scotland then mail me at [email protected]

Ally