Rebel

My wheelchair is oiled, what do I need?

Hi everyone, it's Me again. I hope to make jump #1 next week or the following one from Cross Keys in NJ. I don't want to sound stupid, but what do I wear.

My ability to move my legs and feet is minimal. Should I plan on taping my legs together so that they don't move uncontrollably. I wear orthopedic "boots" on my feet 24/7. They are only held onto my feet with velcro strap. I'm afraid that the velcro won't keep them on my feet. Would sneakers be a better choice?

I have a splint on my left hand and forearm. It too has little movement. Should I zip it inside a jacket? My right arm works okay, but my right hand doesn't. Should I zip it inside my jacket too. Please help me with how I should dress and prepare.

I'm not going to let what I can't do or move spoil this exciting day. I'm GOING FOR IT. All of your replies have made me really excited. I want to jump even more.

I've been calling and emailing my family and friends to come to dropzone.com . They can't believe how many of you responded to my post.

At first they thought I was crazy to skydive. Now, they are almost as excited as I am.

I am glad I found dropzone.com.

YOU FEEL LIKE MY FAMILY TOO.

T H A N K S!!!!

I would suggest talking with the dropzone you plan on jumping at, they could tell you more of what you need to do.

How exciting. We can't wait to hear how the jump goes!

Edit: You might want to start posting in TalkBack or General Skydiving, you'll get more responses there:)
J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

the dropzone will guide you in your travel to high speeds! LOL

each dz has a slightly different way of doing things. so for any of us to tell you how to situate your legs would be heresy! HAHAAH Im pretty sure the instructors will letcha know what to do...unless they forgot too! ! HAHA
J/k
congrats and welcome to the sky!
My photos

My Videos

The only thing I'd suggest would be calling the DZ before you actually head out to ask them. If it's too late for that, then just bring soft, comfortable clothes; one set with long sleeves and leg covering, and one with short.

And they can hold anything on with duct tape :D

They'll take plenty of time to get it right with you -- and you'll have a blast.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)