jkeeling

How do you land a skysurf board?

I have been jumping a couple of years now and I've never managed to find out.

I bought Good Stuff the other day and saw Rob Harris slide one along a beach as he landed. How did he reach the cut-away pad when he must have been flaring? I'm confussed!!

The cutaway handle is pulled after you have opened your main, stowed your slider, etc. This releases the tension on the binding at your ankle (depends on the type of binding) but leaves the front of your foot in the toe loop. Then you fly with your toes loosely set in the loops, allowing you to kick the board off as you land.

Looks easier than it is!

B|

Looks easier than it is!
always the problem with these videos... everything looks sooooooo easy, but when you try anything... seems more complicated everytime... ;-)
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

The cutaway handle is pulled after you have opened your main, stowed your slider, etc. This releases the tension on the binding at your ankle (depends on the type of binding) but leaves the front of your foot in the toe loop. Then you fly with your toes loosely set in the loops, allowing you to kick the board off as you land.

Looks easier than it is!

B|

I say 2 or 3 guys (gals?) land awkwardly at the European Championships/Wold Cup last year. These guys usually come in for landing and let go of the board at like 3 feet then land. Not much room for error, I saw a couple of stumble-stumble-run-like-hell-landings because they couldn't kick the board off in time. Suppose it could be much worse tho...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I saw a programme a few weeks back called Extreme Artists (i think) and on it was a Skysurfer, i cant remember her name, but she did a jump and instead of a skyboard she used a snow board, landed on a volcano, cut away her main chute and snowboarded to the bottom!! What a ride that would be!!

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"
------------------------------------------------------

When I was still skysurfing, I totally slid out the landings ON the board. I simply kicked off my rear ankle strap under canopy that way I could pull the foot out of the binding if I was going to fall over left or right. It was mad fun downwinding it and sliding clean accross the DZ. This was 1990 and we all had different bindings then. I was happy to see a boogie-goer this weekend here sliding his board to a complete stop, just like I used to.

Chuck