SkyOCiel

What DZ to Go in New yorK?

I'll be in New york or to be exact Tarritown NY (close to the city) for 5 days and was thinking of doing one little jump there ;) if possible.

i have 55 jumps but don't have my A licence (didn't send it in...:| yet)

will i be allowed to jump ?

any DZ to recomend ?

Live the sky.
S-

Tarrytown is not really close to the City.

oh that's what they told me (i'm going to a wedding)

You have The Ranch (NY) or Sky's the Limit (NJ)

Which one is closer to tarrytown?

Have you been to them?
which of the 2 woud you recomend?

Live the sky
S-

Actually both are around 1.5 hours from Tarrytown

btw, the city is like 40 mins from Tarrytown, in case you want to know.

I'd recommend Sky's the limit...is my home DZ ;)

Tarry town is only 25 miles from NYC. Which makes it only 40 miles from the RANCH. I haven't been to sky's the limit, but I have been to the ranch. If your looking for fun, and 3 otters running non stop on weekends... The ranch is the place to be!!!!

Chris
PS- If you have time, head out to Skydive Long Island. It may be a far drive for you though.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

I think that everyone should go to the Ranch at least once... It's one of the older dz around the country, and one of the few without a dropzone manager, nor any "rules".
It's actually a skydiving club...
Great aircraft, great scenery, great people... the Ranch Pro Shop, and best of all...

...it's not on Long Island! (joke!)

To add... it's an hour and fifteen minutes to the Ranch from Tarrytown (There's never traffic coming from there) and an hour and a half to Skydive Long Island (as long as there's no traffic across the bridge or along the L.I.E.), but I would guess more like 2 hours...

I've never been to Skydive Long Island, but I do know that the Ranch is surrounded by trees and the winds are definitely effected by them, so you have to be cautious about "drawing the line" when the winds pick up a little.

Have a nice trip

-drew

i have 55 jumps but don't have my A licence (didn't send it in...:| yet)

If your proficiency card has been stamped, it is your A license until you get your actual card. So as long as your card is signed and stamped you shouldn't have any problems even if you haven't sent it in.
D28695 PoPs #9237
"Mix ignorance with arrogance at low altitude and the results are almost guaranteed to be spectacular"
— Bruce Landsberg

I'm the S&TA at The Ranch, and you will be welcomed like family. Just bring your stamped license, and if you feel like it, a log book.

We have three Otters and tons of jumpers doing everything you could want to do. Freefly is a big deal at The Ranch, as it RW. We have the Generation Freefly school with Max Cohn and others, and a Skydive University campus for advanced RW training.

We offer a great view in a classic skydiving environment...think little Cessna drop zone that got real big but never figured out it was supposed to get "professional."

If your local friends want to try skydiving, we have one of the biggest schools in the East offering tandem and IAF training.

Come on out and have a good time.

Tom Buchanan
S&TA
Author JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

Tarrytown is lovely for weddings. My brother was married there a year ago last June and had his reception in Tappan Hill. It was absolutely classy and gorgeous. The only downside was the financial part. He paid for it himself, and the catering alone was $225.00 per head. :o B| :S It was not a small wedding. :|

I only began skydiving this year, but can you imagine how many jumps that would be? It's funny when you begin to see everything that you pay for in terms of how many jump tickets you can buy...