Kramer

Jumping In The Military

they let me borrow their C-17 for a HALO lift. I took myself and four other people up to 12,999 and JM'd the lot of us off the ramp. Five people.......nice

Chuck,

When was this that 12,999 was considered HALO?

THanks
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Any time you get out of an A/C in the military and your not attached to a static line it is considered a HALO jump. One does not have to be on O2 for it to constitute a HALO jump, that is a misconception by the civilian community. If your freefalling it's a HALO jump.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

A buddy of mine is with the leap frogs and from what i understand you have to be a seal to get on the team

A friend of mine was on the Leap Frogs for a while, and he jumped quite a bit with Harry O'connor. He was a former World Champion (Mirror Image), so they let him jump with them. But the bottom line is that all these guys are Seals and to stay with them you have to be a Seal. So my friend ended up in Seal training. He was fortunate to go through when the water was warmer (the summer), but my friend was in his 30's and no longer a young pup. He said he ended up dropping out because he felt like he was holding his team back. I guess the PT and swims are really killers.

As far as Army static line jumping goes, I liked it and have many fond memories of it. I would have given a lot to go to Halo school, but it never happened. There's a lot of opportunities in the Military today and you might be smart to take advantage of them. But I also know there are times when you feel like you are in prison. I got out, but often wonder if I should have stayed in. That was a long time ago though and I think I forgot most of the real crappy parts and am still hanging onto the good memories.....Steve1

Here is my two cents.. I'm a PJ in the AF of course.. I can't speak much for the other branches of service, but we have loads of fun and do alot of missions, and get to jump pretty regularly.. There is a CRO Combat Rescue Officer careerfield which recently opened. And now Pararescue has officers. So there is an option for you. If you want to know more, drop me a note, I'll be happy to give you info. We are all Satic-line and Halo qualified as well as EMT_P and Combat Divers. Some guys have additional quals which I won't go into here. If interested the doors are open.. good luck.. Miguel