kai2k1

TAF Level 2, Have to repeat

Hey everyone.

Ive been thinking of not posting this all day long, but I figured that if I was going to post about great jumps that I should post about not so great ones also.

I made my TAF Level 2 jump yesterday and it didn't go as well as I would have liked. Exited the otter at 13,500 had a good first COA. 2 good PRCP's then started to make a 90 degree right turn. When it came time for me to wave off at 6000 feet I brought my left hand all the way in for some unknown reason causing me to turn over on my back. I started to panic and my JM finally got me turned over and he had to pull for me at 5000 feet. I didn't get a chance to make a left turn and pulled too low. I'm very disappointed (ok im f***in pissed off at myself) with the way I performed on this skydive.

If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks to mmy JM for taking some extra time in the training hangar after the jump, it helped alot.

KAI

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

It's ok, you'll get it next time:) If you flip on your back, bring your arm in as if to say the pledge of allegiance, and the wind should flip you back over. Practice lying on your back, put your right arm over your heart, and turn over to your tummy to your right over your bent arm, then arms back to normal position.

You can't expect all jumps to go perfect. On my aff level 3 dive, I lost alti awareness, and they had to tell me to pull. I repeated that dive, and felt very good that I repeated it and went on to fly through the others. So, take it in stride, repeat the level, you'll feel better next time:)

Angela.

there are lots of things that we need to come natural to us in this sport. well, how do you do that if you dont have experience???
Constant visualization
visualize the entire skydive, over and over, esp the order of all pulls.
Visualization will form natural habbits that will carry you through the panic...
dont lose confidence...do it right next time!