sssbc99

Ever feel like a real dumbass?

I got a chance to jump with a couple of guys (one freefly coach/load organizer and one instructor), both of whom are great freefliers, yesterday at my dz. I thought, "ok I know I can do this, so I will just relax". Of course I was nervous, not having very many jumps. The first half of the skydive went really good but then I fucked it up and blew the rest of the jump. I know that they probably couldnt care less mostly since they both get free jumps, but I still feel like a shithead. Anyways, has this ever happened to any of you?

Yeah man, it happens to everyone all the time. There was a dude at my dz who I could never jump with. He was the badass freeflyer out there, and I kinda looked up to him as a mentor, so to this day I still can barely fly with him. Hahaha, he has to think I'm the shittiest freeflyer on the planet, hahahaha!!! B|

It happens man, just enjoy every jump, even the fucked up ones. ;)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Ed,
Those guys that you feel like a dumbass in front of, at one time flew just like you do now or like you did 100 jumps ago. And you will fly just like them when you have their experience. Did they come and debrief the jump with you, let you know what to work and stuff? If not, they suck. Don't sweat the small shit.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Ed,
Those guys that you feel like a dumbass in front of, at one time flew just like you do now or like you did 100 jumps ago. And you will fly just like them when you have their experience. Did they come and debrief the jump with you, let you know what to work and stuff? If not, they suck. Don't sweat the small shit.

Oh they both told me what I need to work on and all that. It was things that I have no problem with when I am doing two ways with other people. I just wanted to show them I could fly. What a dummy I was! You are all right though, I just feel like I blew it, but it doesnt really matter. Just wish I could have done better, thats all. Shit!

I'm glad i wasn't the only one feeling that way this weekend on a jump or two... ;) I was greated with the, "the first part was fine, but what the F&^( happened on the end of the dive?" And the answer... i wasn't being aggressive enough, was getting kind of worn down, and know i've got a lot to learn:|
matt

Just consider it supplying plenty of coaching points for them to give you. Though it does kinda suck if you fork out loads of $$$ for a jump then blow it.

It wasnt a paid coach jump but yeah that would suck to pay for a coach jump and then really fuck up. I have done that a couple times. I felt like a real ass.

im a slow faller myself.im 6 2 140 lbs and i figure my speed is around 105 or so. but the dz owner says i get more for my money that way.and im like you they are all fun.the main thing anyone needs to rember is that our primary goal is to land safely.***if you are going to be stupid you better be tough

The second fastest way to learn is by making mistakes. think about what went wrong and concentrate on correcting the error so you can improve.
The fastest way is to bounce as you NEVER make the mistake again :S:S;)
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....