Nightingale

Wish me luck!!!

Luck

Above all, be safe and have fun.

Blue Skies!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Don't worry about a thing... what could possibly go wrong? I jump at Elsinore most of the time. I think I'll start going to Perris more often. I have more friends there... Let me know your thoughts after your first jump!!!

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana" -Groucho Marx- "Tom flies like a rock" -Tom Carson-

I went... it was AWESOME.

Shelly at Perris Valley was the AFF 1 instructor. we went through all the emergency stuff, and then after about 6 hours, got to jump.

I requested Shelly as my jumpmaster, because I felt really comfortable with her by then... and I was afraid that since my friend didn't go, that I might wuss, because nobody would know but me. When we lined up and were ready to jump, she asked "are you ready?" and I looked out the door and I was like "um...no." she just raised an eyebrow at me and said "do you WANT to do this?" and then I was like "oh! Hell yeah!" so we jumped out the door!

Freefall was a little scary, but fun. I found my ripcord on all three PRCs, but missed it when I was actually supposed to pull it. I was starting to grope for it (and would've found it... my hand was headed in the right direction!) when Shelly pulled it for me. Fine with me. Got the canopy open, which was what counts, right?

So, my canopy opened, and it was a little slower than I expected... it stayed in a ball for a second or two, and then unfurled. after checking for shape, spin, and float, and making sure nothing was twisted or broken or torn, I did my control check and tested turning and all that...

I like flying the canopy a little better than I like free fall at the moment... I think its because I have more think time under canopy. I'm not comfortable with free fall yet... still a little unnerving.

So... I landed my canopy relatively close (10 ft or so) to where I wanted to land, and I didn't fall down! It was a really easy landing!

The adrenaline rush was great... my hands were shaking for like an hour after landing! LOL. I imagine you get used to that, tho...

I'm signed up for AFF 2 next sunday!!!!

-Kris

I'm not comfortable with free fall yet... still a little unnerving.

I was right there with you through my level 3. After your level 3 your world will open up a bit up there. I have jumped 13 times as of today and freefall is the most AMAZING thing!!! I do love the canopy ride to though. Keep it up and keep us updated.