weezil1

LV Tunnel Time, Anyone?

Hey, all. Going to be in Vegas November 8-16 and wondering if there is anyone in the area or might be visiting who might want to meet up for either some tunnel work or a dive at one of the local DZ's?

Fair warning - I am still a lowly student! No rating yet! (but working on it!):D
To err is human (Total chaos requires a ferret)

I'd suggest calling ahead and asking about the possibilities (especially since you aren't licensed). Of the three (or so) DZs in Nevada, I've only jumped (as a sport jumper) at Gravity Zone (www.lvgravityzone.com). It's my understanding that the others didn't cater to out of town sport jumpers but are oriented toward first time tandems. The folks at GZ were friendly and I was able to get on a load before a storm rolled in. It's fun going to new dropzones. :)
I also wanted to go to the wind tunnel but was told that it was not one of the better wind tunnels (i.e. slow air speed necessitating baloon like baggy jumpsuits). Having said that, let me emphasize that I don't know for sure. Ask around and then call them before you go.

Scott
Crazy Ivan and the Crew (2005-2006)
Team Insane (2004-2005)
Insane in the Airplane (2003-2004)

Yes, my first jump ever was 2 years ago at GZ. It's going to be fun to go back and give it another go. Other jumpers with much more experience than I have told me the view - compared with what we have in Alaska - isn't that great, but I remember the people there more than made up for it.

I did call the tunnel people down there, they made it sound like they really don't want to take reservations for groups of less than 5 at a go. Weekends are pretty much booked, but walk-ins on a weekday look pretty favorable. Didn't ask about the tunnel itself - I wouldn't know what/how to ask anyway. Figured I would just drop into the place for a quick visit when the wife isn't looking.:)
To err is human (Total chaos requires a ferret)