StearmanR985

AFF @ Perris vs. S/L @ Lodi HELP

Actually I've had personal issues with Lodi's training policy through first hand experience. The recent incident just reinforced my beliefs on them.

In the recent Lodi incident, a low-time jumper made a 270 degree approach to final, misjudged, and bounced off of the freeway, after saying something along the line of "watch this swoop." It was done under a canopy that I would not have recommend for him (Stiletto), but the same manuever under a similar sized Spectre or Saber2 would likely have had a similar result, as they lose even more altitude in a turn. His primary training was done elsewhere.

I don't think that Lodi has the best student program available, especially after the initial training, but I wouldn't have a problem sending a friend there.

His primary training was done elsewhere.

Yep. And after the place that did his primary training wouldn't allow him to jump that canopy - which he bought from Bill Dause (DZO) he went back to Lodi - which DID allow him to jump the canopy (obviously seeing as they sold it to him).

I never said Lodi wasn't a good dropzone for experienced skydivers. I STRONGLY feel, that this is NOT the place to begin learning skydiving. Go there after you've got enough experience, have fun, but I certainly would NEVER send a friend there again to go through AFF.

blue skies
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team