WayneRATS

sit suits and deployment

now... don't get into a discussion about sit suits being "cheating"

:)
what i'm interested in is .. are sitfly suits hazardous to low jump number types... 80 odd.. i would like a bash but looking for advice on any problems i may encounter using one regards burble etc etc etc...

anything welcome

danke!
------------------------
Can You Ere Me Now?

I used one for a few jumps around the same kinda numbers, and it helped me see a few problems I was unaware of in my legs... I had them fixed for a while, but since I don't do it enough, I'm back too sucking at it again... anyhow, to the point... I didn't notice any differences in deployment.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

I wore a sit suit once. I think i had around 100ish jumps at the time and was just learning to sit. It did give me a slight spin on deployment. Since i only jumped it once, i don't know that much about them.

BTW, when you're ready for the "sit suit is cheating" discussion, lemme know. :P

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I jumped with sit suits for a while, when I had about your jump # I think. You have to look out at deployment time a bit; I found I had to compensate for a slight turn when going for my hackey.

I suggest you do a couple dummy pulls the first jump, always a smart idea when jumping with new stuff anyway.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Not sure exactly what a "sit suit" is, but if you mean a suit with wings, I've still got my 1979 Silly Suit. In the days of the "wing wars" we used to believe that more wing meant more control surface, meant more control Relative workers wore some hugely wingy suits. Of course by 1980 the trend went the other way and has stayed there for good reasons (smaller suits mean faster fall rate, means cleaner response and less tendency to float apart, et.).

We never had any serious problems with PC deployment though. I used a throwaway and a friend of mine with even larger wings used a pull-out. We opened just fine.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

When going for deployment bring both arms in close to the body , dont leave them spread out. You want to reduce the inflation of the wings to zero, this will ensure no depoyment problems. Definitley do some DP's on your first jump. But really it shouldnt be a problem.

same principles will apply as deployment with a camera suit, must be sure to deflate opposite wing as you reach for hackey....

ps - it's cheating!

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

When deploying with my sit suit, I rotate my left arm in (i.e. look at the palm of my hand instead of my alti). This collapses the wing and has worked for me. I generally wave off 500' higher and take the extra few seconds to make sure I'm stable and such in this position before throwing out.