Magistr8

Where is the closest tunnel to..

Winipeg, Manitoba. Thinking of doing some tunnel time next year to help me with my flying and wanted to know what sort of rates and programs the tunnels offer. I know of the one in Perris, but that is a little to far to consider as a realistic option rigt now.

Any help would be appreciated.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

You should be aware that the tunnel that you linked to has a much slower airspeed and a much smaller diameter than the "major" tunnels. At 105 mph, you will probably have to wear a pretty baggy jumpsuit in order to fly without being dearched the entire time. The Florida and California tunnels will allow you to fly at the same airspeeds as a real skydive.

Thank You for the info. The link was meant to be a link to all the tunnels in the area and a source of tunnel info for those who wanted it. After looking things over for the evening, it seems like the florida camp is very nice. Perhaps they will have some camps around my B-day.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

Thank You for the info. The link was meant to be a link to all the tunnels in the area and a source of tunnel info for those who wanted it. After looking things over for the evening, it seems like the florida camp is very nice. Perhaps they will have some camps around my B-day.

You do not always have to goto a specific camp. I belive that they offer coaching outside of the schedualed camps, and you can always just get time in the tunnel.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

If you want information on windtunnels and tunnel flying there is a GREAT site www.bodyflight.net it is John Suiter's website that list all tunnels known practically. There are some outdoor tunnels listed near you, but it's probably a little cold for outdoor flying in Canada EH? Check it out it gives reviews of most tunnels and pricing. John is probably one of the most knowledgeable tunnel people going and teaches at the Tennesee tunnel. If you go to the site you can email him and he does answer too for questions. Great Guy that I had the chance to learn from at Greensburg(I am going to miss the tunnel there this year since it was sold and moved). Check it out!
Blues!
D