yoink

AC emergency... what hight do you go to your reserve?

Which A/C emergency are you talking about. I know of one incident that happened at my DZ where an Otter lost an engine at about 1300ft. Everybody left except a student and instructor. There were 2 reserve rides if I remember correctly. One person went out on their reserve, the other had a mal. Just something to think about. I think that there are several jumpers that were on the load that post here. They have more insight than I do. But it was hilarious video.

I have also heard of people getting out on high speed passes at altitudes lower than 1k on their mains. Of course cypres is no longer an issue at these altitudes.

My answer to the question, more than likely main unless it is 1200ft or below. Depends on where I am, and what main I am jumping. I am not advocating this action for anyone, just what I would do. I think that you should do whatever you are comfortable with, you have the rest of your life to decide.

Here are a couple of links to other threads that talk about this subject:exits 1
exits 2

edit to add links
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.