CrazyDave

The Skydivers Handbook

I have finally recieved my updated copy of the handbook... at first glance this book looks really good and informative, i have heard from many people that this is like a bible to the skydiving community, and was wondering.. what do you guys think? i also want to know just how much of the information is relative to UK training etc?

I read that book cover to cover several times when I first got into the sport. I think it's handy in introducing you to many concepts - but it's basic and should be taken with a grain of salt (in my opinion). The best training you will get is from your instructors at the dz. :)
(just so you know, i still own a copy and keep it close by - more so for an interesting read than anything else. ;))

I read that book cover to cover several times when I first got into the sport. I think it's handy in introducing you to many concepts - but it's basic and should be taken with a grain of salt (in my opinion). The best training you will get is from your instructors at the dz. :)
(just so you know, i still own a copy and keep it close by - more so for an interesting read than anything else. ;))

ye... my favorite bit is the quotes they put at the footer of each page :p

Pretty much what I would say.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

ye... my favorite bit is the quotes they put at the footer of each page :P

the best part.

Seriously I have a copy of the book it's good and tomorrow when I'll be at the DZ I am going to give the copy to a friend and he is not the first to recive the book from me. If you are just starting it is a good book for advanced info and learning you can go to your DZ instractors.
I have writen a review about the book.

...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return...
blue sky
Asaf

That book is great shitter material. For years I kept it on the back of my toilet and gazed at it's pages in deepest thought.

One day, after the chilli fest of 2001, big tanker, the book turned to ashes, when I flung open the door, the roses wilted and the ashes blew away to make their final skydive.

That book is great shitter material. For years I kept it on the back of my toilet and gazed at it's pages in deepest thought.

One day, after the chilli fest of 2001, big tanker, the book turned to ashes, when I flung open the door, the roses wilted and the ashes blew away to make their final skydive.

lol...