WrongWay

Work on one thing, learn another.......

Let's say I'm working on one skill, just as an example say....two handed head down docks. By working on that one skill, for me at least, I feel that not only my skills on that specific move would increase. After working on that one skill over and over again, it seems like my precision in flying (actual movement) would increase, as well as my body position awareness, my relaxation, indepenence of limbs, even fall rate control.

Is it just my crazy method of learning, or is it normal to improve ten skills while only working on one??

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Thats a good observation. You're improving all those skills because you're using them to perform that one move. 2 handed HD docks... learning to fly with your legs only (for the most part), which in turn heightens body awareness, which in turn heightens precision. Thats what I love about 2 ways and skill building jumps, you're constantly LEARNING :)

Another challenging jump that Levin taught me, hold your hands in a 'praying' position and fly with another person, within arm's reach directly in front of them the whole dive. Its... fun.

Yeah I've done that a few times, it gets even more interesting when you do transitions (360s and such) while doing that. Try doing it with your hands on your head/behind your back too!! B|

But yeah I was just giving the 2 hand dock thing as an example. I was just kinda saying that it's funny how you can spend a bunch of dives on one goal and learn so many other skills from it. It's good. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.