CerealKilla

Torn quads and Skydiving?

I'm not sure if this should be posted her, but what the hey. I know this is a completely esoteric topic, but has anyone ever jumped with 2 torn quadriceps? I tore both of mine in a softball game (next time, I should warm up). I am going to jump tomorrow and just realized I can't bend my legs into the correct belly to earth position without pain. I can just see myself turning and burning because I can't get the correct aerodynamic flow happening. I tried it out, and I can hold the correct position for a few minutes, but the legs are in pain afterward. Anyone experience this?

Confuscious say: "It take many nail to make a baby crib...but only one screw to fill it."

Why do you want to risk or take the chance of hurting yourself more? Stay on the ground and heal up. The sky will always be there when you are healthy enough to jump.
If you jump and you are not up to speed, you could hurt yourself even more, and then be grounded longer.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I agree with Mar and Rob.

And I also want to ask....how do you expect to land if the major weight bearing muscles in your legs are not going to function properly?

Know what? The sky will wait...take your time, get better, and then go skydiving.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I tried it out, and I can hold the correct position for a few minutes, but the legs are in pain afterward.

Disclaimer: I am a rank novice and you should take my advice with a big grain of salt.

I think you should ground yourself for a week or two -- there's going to be a lot of air pressure on your legs in freefall, and that is hard to emulate on the ground. It'd be a shame for you to get up in the air and lose your primary control surfaces...and even worse to try and land on painful, fatigued quadriceps.

The sky will wait...it's not going anywhere. Let yourself heal...this might be a great time to get in some packing practice. :)