mbs66

Florida in august/september

I am heading to Orlando for a month in late august only thing is, i am going solo... anyone know a nice dz where i might be able to find some jump friends? which one is the best to go to... in the way of price, altitude and aircraft and all that.

from orlando you have 4 options taht are within an hour. ZHills (west), Deland (east), Sebastian (southeast), or lake wales (south). All are within an hour drive. All have turbines of some sort.

Keep in mind august and september are off season for FL dzs. it's REALLY hot and obnoxiously humid. double check DZ hours before goign out to them, since they may be closed a day or so during the week.

__

Let us know when you are coming out closer to the date and where you're going to go, and we'll see who we can round up for you. But rememeber, WFFC is in August, so you won't have as many people to play with.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

There are several good places within about an hours drive from Orlando, but I would make a point to try Skydive Space Center in Titusville. About 40 minutes east of orlando. Smaller DZ, great people, fast planes, the best scenery. Grand Caravan and a King Air. $17 to 15K every load. $22 to 18k. Maby we will see you there, Jeff