sid

new pro-packing web site

Quite a few people asked me to make the packing course section of Sid's Rigging more visible (it was getting lost in there) so I made a whole new site

www.packingparachutes.com

and I want it to grow through contributions. There is a section of the site dedicated to collecting techniques and tips which I will add as the site grows.
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Maybe you could list your qualifications on the web site. That would be helpful.

Also consider one of the two quotes:

"This Ain't Brain Surgery People"
"This Ain't Rocket Science People"

Instead of:

"This Ain't Rocket Surgery People"

Just a thought. ;)

Very usefull site. I'm sure I'll send referralls...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Maybe you could list your qualifications on the web site. That would be helpful.

Also consider one of the two quotes:

"This Ain't Brain Surgery People"
"This Ain't Rocket Science People"

Instead of:

"This Ain't Rocket Surgery People"

Just a thought. ;)

Very usefull site. I'm sure I'll send referralls...

I'll put my qualifications under the contact section - that's a good idea. The quote though is a joke - I stole it from a tv ad for Eggo waffles, it's just meant to be a humorous way to let people know that packing is only as hard as you make it.....
Thanks for ther feedback
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

The quote though is a joke - I stole it from a tv ad for Eggo waffles, it's just meant to be a humorous ...

Yes, but what about the feelings of all those poor rocket surgeons out there?!? They're a truly neglected group, ya know...[:/]

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

The quote though is a joke - I stole it from a tv ad for Eggo waffles, it's just meant to be a humorous ...

Yes, but what about the feelings of all those poor rocket surgeons out there?!? They're a truly neglected group, ya know...[:/]

Ryan - I haven't larned me too much in my 49 years, but I have learned you'll always piss someone off - the trick is to see if they're smiling (if not run)
Pete Draper,

Sid,

I'm no expert, I have about 25 pack jobs under my belt, but shouldn't you touch on un-collapsing the slider? My rigger told me the first 3 things to do were, set the brakes, uncollapse the slider, and cock the pilot chute.

Thanks for the site, I saw a couple of new techniques to try on my next pack job. I'm still wrestling with my new ZP 190 canopy!

Sid,

I'm no expert, I have about 25 pack jobs under my belt, but shouldn't you touch on un-collapsing the slider? My rigger told me the first 3 things to do were, set the brakes, uncollapse the slider, and cock the pilot chute.

Thanks for the site, I saw a couple of new techniques to try on my next pack job. I'm still wrestling with my new ZP 190 canopy!

Well, I cover quartering it and it CAN be seen uncollapsed, but you're probably right, I'll look where to put that in when I update the site
Thanks for the input
Pete Draper,

Sid,

I just re-read my post and I sounded kinda negative.

It really is awesome, and I figured you knew that all ready. But if you didn't.... it rocks!

I just brought up what popped into my head when I pulled up the first page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Sid,

I just re-read my post and I sounded kinda negative.

It really is awesome, and I figured you knew that all ready. But if you didn't.... it rocks!

I just brought up what popped into my head when I pulled up the first page.

No - honestly I thought it was a good idea to list my qualifications, in fact I'm doing it now! I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Pete Draper,

Perhaps just the statement;

"All brakes should be stowed, the slider uncollapsed and the pilot chute cocked prior to Step 1."

I added it in the first section - I truly appreciate the input!
Pete Draper,