Skylark

How angry would you be if you went in?

I would be very angry if I were to die any death suddenly and unexpectedly. Mostly for the other people in my life that must go through the aftermath. As for watching the ground rush up to me at 120, those last few seconds would be a full of all kinds of emotions I suspect. But I do not believe I will die skydiving. Car crash, shot at red light, knifed in a Stop-N-Go, meteorite, or some other freak way-but not skydiving.

I often think of a skydiver I read about a few years ago......he pulled low, had a malfunction, cut away and pulled his reserve only to hit the ground at line stretch-people on the ground said he was yelling for the reserve to inflate all the way. I do not know who it was or where, but the last few seconds for him must have really sucked!:|

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

I am curious how people can be angry, I think if you skydive you should understand the inherent risk of the sport and accept it. To be angry would to not accept the fact that you got unlucky or you made the wrong decisions. I can see how you might get angry if it was your fault, but other than that there is nothing else to blame, that risk was taken and you lost. I guess I see it as you are angry at yourself for doing it, and if that is the case then you shouldn't be skydiving.

Just my .02

I could be misunderstanding it...

oh yeah I agree with you guys

If I bounced I would be doing something that I loved and I think that is best way to die.

Peace N Blue Skies

And NO BOUNCING PLEASE!

Sean
Sean In Thailand

I would like to live at least one month longer than my ex, just to find out what it's like to not pay her.

"Better to go like this than in some senseless tragedy." Truman Sparks
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Sean, being angry at myself for making a mental error under flight of canopy that resulted in my being in a wheel chair for over two months does not mean that I don't understand or accept the inherent risks. I love to skydive and will be doing it again soon. Being a little angry once in a while because of bad performance is a common human reaction. Maybe when you are more experienced you won't be misunderstanding it.

First, as an old-timer who's been out of touch for a while, I just wanna say I'm having a wonderful time reading some of the clever new sayings skydivers have adopted. That was always part of the fun, I thought. I really love this one:

"The sky's not the limit; the DIRT is."

BAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! Far packin' out! ;-)

Anyway, to the subject of this thread:

I think I'd be pissed if I frapped and nobody took pictures.

I know I'd be pissed if there wasn't a rousing BLUE SKY call over brewskies that night.

Having been on the clean-up crew myself, I'd feel badly for those guys.

But I've always known that, when the moment of my "final surprise" ultimately arrives, I'm probably going to flash-review my life in an instant and die wondering, "What in the hell was that all about, anyway?"

;-)

I would feel a bit flat maybe sqooshy. Then I would rise up from my body and look down at it and say "f**k he does not look good" Then I would fly to the nearist highschool girls locker room and try to guess how flexable they each were as they changed in between gym classes. Then I would think at that point God would say "dude that's enough, time to come jump out of that Otter in the sky, ahh... the sky in heven". God, you so crazy.

89 or terminal, this sport is no way to take yourself out. You claim 22years in the sport, but apparently your have not had a friend go in. Not to mention the problems it causes the skydiving community as a whole. I did not read the entire thread just a few posts. I hope you are kidding, and do not give some suicidal or depressed individual person encouragement........
Sorry for this late reply.I just found yours. I think maybe I got caught up in the macho infantry mode. I'm sorry about your friend. I hope nobody took this serious. I understand taking my life would be final/no second chance. Getting to heaven would be out of the question and all my friends and loved ones would always wonder what they could have said or done to prevent this. It aint the way to go.

Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

i would be dead so i can't really say, but i know my g/f would be PISSED!!

Hi Viking

How do you really know if your G/F would be pissed!!!

Is she a skydiver and would she get your gear?:)
Do you owe her money?>:(

Or is she a Brit and just enjoy's throwing back a pint[:/]

R.I.P.