pilotdave

Aviation Safety Reporting System

Not sure if this link is gonna work...https://www.nasdac.faa.gov/pls/nasdac/NASDAC.wwa_app_module.show?p_sessionid=126769

This is a search tool for the Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS). These are reports mostly filed by pilots after they either did something unsafe (and probably illegal) or witnessed something unsafe. Pilots file these reports because they act like a "get out of jail free card" in some cases. Basically when a pilot does something dumb and thinks the FAA might suspend his license, he can quickly file an ASRS report and confess. In exchange for the invaluable information, the FAA, in some cases, lets the pilot off the hook.

Well do a search for "skydiving" (narrative search field). Take a look at what your neighbor pilots are saying about you and your DZ. Think nobody noticed when you jumped through a cloud? Think again.

Dave

Didn't find anything to do with KCFD (where Aggieland is) and jump ops, so that's good, I guess.

I did find one about jumpers somewhere else in TX where a MD80 pilot filed one bitching that there was jump ops in his flight path that always screwed up his flight, he'd have to vector around it and every time he tried to fly through it ATC would jump his case and vector him away.

Tough luck scooter, we're allowed to be in the air too!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Pilots file these reports because they act like a "get out of jail free card" in some cases. Basically when a pilot does something dumb and thinks the FAA might suspend his license, he can quickly file an ASRS report and confess. In exchange for the invaluable information, the FAA, in some cases, lets the pilot off the hook[/reply
]
In other words, the FAA has borrowed a procedure from the Catholic Church?

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Not sure if this link is gonna work...https://www.nasdac.faa.gov/pls/nasdac/NASDAC.wwa_app_module.show?p_sessionid=126769

This is a search tool for the Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS). These are reports mostly filed by pilots after they either did something unsafe (and probably illegal) or witnessed something unsafe. Pilots file these reports because they act like a "get out of jail free card" in some cases. Basically when a pilot does something dumb and thinks the FAA might suspend his license, he can quickly file an ASRS report and confess. In exchange for the invaluable information, the FAA, in some cases, lets the pilot off the hook.

Well do a search for "skydiving" (narrative search field). Take a look at what your neighbor pilots are saying about you and your DZ. Think nobody noticed when you jumped through a cloud? Think again.

Dave

And you can always find a link to these skydiving related ASARS reports at DiverDriver.com

Just in case you lose this thread you can reference my site and see many things related to jump ops. Regulations, suggestions, training outlines, and accident reports of actual jump plane accidents.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125